nine

Jisung is that bad. I just didn't know it then.

I wake up the next day with two things on my agenda. Find Jisung and figure out what the hell is going on.

Grabbing his note and my phone, I quickly change and head outside, repeating my agenda over in my head. I wasn't sure how I was going to find him. Jisung hadn't listed a number or address on the paper, but I had a feeling that if I searched hard enough, I would find him.

I decided to go back to that bench we had met at. Sitting, I reread his letter one last time. He really does seem harmless. A little flirty, sure, but that's fine. I don't trust him, but surely this is the only way I'll actually get answers.

Hearing footsteps, I glance up. There he is, in all of his glory. Jisung. Winking, he comes to sit next to me. 

"Hi angel," he says, smiling. "I guess you wanted answers pretty badly, huh?" I smile back at him; it's hard not to. Nodding, I hand him his note.

"Yeah. You said you would help me..." I trail off as he stands. Jisung offers me his hand, putting the note back in his pocket. Tilting his head to the side, he makes a face at me.

"Well, c'mon! I will, but I don't like to stay still. Walk with me, please?" Laughing, I stand and place my hand in his. He grins at me and squeezes my hand before falling into step beside me. 

"So," he says. "Question number one. Go."

Inhaling deeply, I narrow my eyes in thought.

"Both you and Felix call me angel. Why?" This is probably a dumb question, but it's bugging me. Why can't they call me by my name, and why do they use the same pet name? Out of every name out there, they really chose angel?

Jisung laughs loudly, eyes squinching up. "Yeah, I guess we do, huh?" He scratches the back of his neck awkwardly with his free hand. "Um, I think it has something to do with our childhood. Angels were a big part of our lives, growing up, and I think we both took that to heart. It's our version of 'love' or 'babe', you know?"

Satisfied, I nod and keep walking. Jisung gives me a weird look.

"Is that all you're curious about? No other questions? At all?" I blink at Jisung. Of course I've got questions. I just don't want to overwhelm you with them all. Especially since you're so nice. Shrugging, I ask another.

"Why do you and Felix have matching hats?" I point to his black hat that he's currently wearing. Jisung's hand goes up to touch it and he nods before talking.

"That's easy. It hides what we are." 

What?

"You mean, who you are," I say confidently. Jisung shakes his head.

"Nope. What we are. I didn't stutter."

Stopping in the middle of the sidewalk, I remove my hand from his and fold my arms across my chest.

"I'll bite," I say. "What are you?" Jisung grins at me and walks closer. Leaning down to my ear, he whispers, "We're-"

"Jisung!" I whip around to see Felix walking towards us. Shit, I think to myself. I've really done it this time. 

Felix doesn't look happy at all. His tongue is poking the inside of his cheek. When he gets in front of us, he stuffs his hands deep in his pockets, as if afraid he won't be able to control himself otherwise. Looking me up and down, he narrows his eyes and clenches his jaw. I'm so screwed.

"Jisung," Felix says again. "I was looking for you earlier." Jisung grins at Felix and pats his shoulder. 

"Such a good big brother," Jisung says, turning to me. "I bet he'd be even better of a lover, don't you?" My eyes widen and I look over at Felix. He's staring at Jisung. If he clenched his jaw any tighter, he might break one of his teeth. Jisung continues, seemingly oblivious to Felix's reaction. 

"Oh, or maybe he'll answer your questions instead. I'm sure he's dying to-" Jisung winces and cuts himself off. "Oh, sorry. I meant he'll probably be a better partner." With that, Jisung waves and walks away. I try to turn after him, but Felix stops me.

He's holding my wrist firmly. Pulling it, he brings me closer to him until I make eye contact with him.

"Yah," I say, attempting to pull my wrist away from him. "Let me go, seriously." Felix's eyebrows raise and he smirks a little, still not letting go.

"Oh?" he says. "You didn't listen to me. What makes you think I'll listen to you?" I roll my eyes at him and keep struggling until he grabs my other hand. He pulls me to him and leans down to my ear. "If you keep doing this, you'll make a scene." His nose brushes the side of my nose and my eyes close involuntarily. "I really don't think you want to make a scene."

Pulling away, he lets go of my hands and brushes non-existent dust off of his shirt.

"I told you not to trust him," Felix says quietly. It's dangerous, how calm he's acting. He's furious, but he's pretending he's not. I don't know how to respond to him now.

"I didn't. He just said he could answer my questions, and-" Felix cuts me off by waving his hand in the air.

"Yeah? And what makes you think he wasn't lying to you?" Felix raises his voice a little and bites his lip, trying to calm down. "No, no" He mutters to himself. "We need to go somewhere a little more private." 

I shake my head at him, but Felix ignores it and grabs my hand. 

"We're going somewhere private. And then you're going to get your answers that you so desperately want."