twenty eight

I tighten my grip around the cold metal in my hand as Christopher instructs me to close my eyes. I wasn't able to get a look at what Felix gave me before I left, so I'm stuck trying to figure it out as Christopher guides me. 

When I asked why I couldn't see where I was going, he just responded with a blunt, "It's not your business to see." Rude.

Finally, he tells me to watch my step as he brings me into some type of building. A blast of cold air hits my skin, and I shiver slightly as I stop walking. Christopher taps my arm, letting me know I can open my eyes.

I do so, gasping a little as I stare openly. As much as I hate to admit it, the place he's brought me to is beautiful. The floors are a polished black marble, and stretch on for a while, branching off into different hallways.

Looking upwards, the ceiling has one large diamond chandelier, surrounded by smaller, less bright lights. In front of us sits two large seats, next to each other. One is occupied by a woman who sits primly, one leg crossed over the other.

She might be the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Her hair is cut in a straight bob, outlining her face. I can't tell if she's wearing makeup from here, but I doubt she needed it anyway. When she sees us, she stands, her dark purple dress fluttering with her movements.

Making her way towards us, she stops, her hands folded over each other in front of her. Christopher wraps an arm around her, leaning into her as she hugs him back.

"Hi Mom," he says, smiling at her. I grimace inwardly. That's the devil's wife? Of course, it makes sense. Only the best for the most evil one, right?

She looks over at me before raising an eyebrow questioningly at her son.

"This girl is the one who Felix-" she gags on her words, making a disgusted face. "Felix fell in love with?" Christopher nods, looking me up and down before locking eyes with his mom. She nods slightly, moving away from him and to me.

Gently, she tilts my chin up to force me to make eye contact with her. Humming slightly, she moves my head to either side before releasing me and turning around.

"She doesn't look worthy," the woman remarks, returning to her seat. "What a bunch of fuss for someone so average." My chest starts to burn; I'm humiliated by her few words. There's a need inside of me to make her happy.

Christopher laughs a little, a breathy sound.

"That's exactly what Jisung said before." I whip my head around to look at him, eyes wide. Jisung said that? Chris notices my look and laughs again, giving me a pityingly look that is obviously fake. 

"Oh, that's too bad," he says playfully. "They really didn't tell you the full story. Aren't you curious as to why Felix and Jisung aren't the closest brothers? And why Jisung was at Felix's place a few nights ago? Or did your human mind forget that already?"

I clench my fists tightly, angry because he has a point. I was so fixated on everything else that I forgot about the way Felix acted when I first met Jisung. I was so lost in my feelings that I didn't even realize that I never got the entire story.

Meeting Christopher's eyes, I suddenly don't know how to feel. Anger's building up in my body, leaving no room for any other emotion. All I want is to see Felix and Jisung hurt, burning eternally. I want them to suffer for their lies and-

"Humans," Christopher scoffs, coming closer to me. "A few minutes here and all their negative emotions take over. Pathetic." I flinch, not moving as he approaches me.

He brushes his fingers over my forehead before resting them on my eyelids, forcing me to close my eyes. I feel some type of metal rub over them and my temples before the sensation disappears. I open my eyes to see Christopher slip his ring back on his finger.

The anger slowly drains out of my body, almost making me collapse onto the ground. The weight of those thoughts are gone, and I just realize how they had been building up since we've been here. How will I survive here, if I can't go a few minutes without someone's help? 

Or maybe that's the point. Maybe I'm not supposed to survive here.

I hear the woman click her tongue, startling me. I had forgotten she was here. She looks at Christopher, completely ignoring me.

"Are you going to show her around, or do you want to watch her as she deteriorates further?" Christopher chuckles, looking at me.

"As fun as that would be," he says, his eyes burning into me. "I have other plans."

Felix's POV

I clench my fists as she takes Christopher's hand and disappears, leaving nothing but dead flowers in his wake. There's a silence that stretches on for what seems like forever. I stare at the spot where she stood not one second ago.

I'll get her back. I will fucking raise hell to get her back.