T W E N T Y - O N E

Later that night, after Shane and his step father have left, I am washing the dirty dishes and putting them in the drainer to dry off when my Dad walks into the kitchen carrying a few cups that were left on the table.

"Sweet kid isn't he?" He says, as he sets the cups on the bar beside the sink and runs a hand down his tired face.

I snort, and set the cups in the sink full of water. "Sure. As sweet as vinegar. Why did you invite him over?"

"Because me and his Step Father work together and we are having to get to know each other a little better." Dad leans against the bar, watching me as I get the last few of the dishes washed and stacked up beside the sink.

"That does not mean that he had to come." I roll my eyes, and wipe my hand on the dish towel lying over the oven door handle. "And, you have met him before, Dad. I dont know how you dont remember."

Dad looks at me, and scratches his head. "Ohh yeah thats right."

"Your memory is getting worse with old age."

Dad squints his eyes at me and l laugh lowly. "Yeah yeah. Well i am off to bed."

"Okay. Night." I smile and wipe my hands on the dish towel again, and grabbing my phone off of the table as he heads off into the hallway.

The notification bar on my phone. It was a text from Izzy, about wanting to spend some time together.

Izzy: You got time this weekend to hangout a bit?
Bianca: Yeah I think I do, what are you wanting to do this weekend?
Izzy: Maybe you can come over and spend the weekend with me, Naiomi and Aunt Barbara. Naiomi can't stop talking about you since she seen you the other day.
Bianca: Aww that's sweet
Bianca: Yeah i think i can come over, if nothing comes up.
Izzy: Ok great
Izzy: Also, that boy, Luke, he's pretty cute, in sort of a nerdy way anything going on with you two
I laugh as I flick off the kitchen light and make my way to my room.
Bianca: He is cute, but he is just a friend. I only met him not long ago.
Izzy: do you want something to happen there?
I close my bedroom door behind me, knowing Dad is trying to sleep just a few doors down. I flop onto the bed, with my phone in my hand, thinking about maybe there would be something between me and Luke or if he's just a friend.
Bianca: No way, he's just a good friend.
Izzy: Okay well i'm going to put Naiomi to bed. we will come back to this topic again.
Bianca: Ok Iz. goodnight. Give Naiomi a hug for me.
Izzy sends a video of Naiomi jumping up and down on her bed, giggling and babbling about the tiger on the cereal box or something.
I laugh and plug my phone up to go to bed. but right as i turn around i see something sitting on my desk. a box.