N I N E T E E N

I jump around so fast I bump my head on the wall. "Ow. Shit."

A hand grabs my elbow and pulls me up. "Are you alright darling?"

I look up at the person with a hand on my arm. "Holy hell, Dad." I put a hand in my chest. "You scared the hell out of me."

"Sorry. I heard some racket coming from here. I didn't know you were home yet." Dad smiles and grabs a rag off of the stack off the rack.

"Yea. Izzy was here but she just had to leave." I grab the basket of laundry up off the floor and make my way around him and walk back into the living room with him hot on my tail.  "But why are you home so early from work for?"

"Oh I uh just came home to get the portfolio I left on my desk in my room." He follows behind me, keeping a good four foot distance between the two of us. "Then I will be back on my way."

I set the basket on the couch and stand in front of it, turning to look at my Dad and noticing how broken and sloppy he looks.

His normally combed back hair is a mess and sticks to his forehead, his dark dress pants and wrinkled everywhere, and his white collared shirt has one dark coffee stain on the chest of it, a stain that will not come out.  He looks as if he hasn't slept in days and is only living off coffee.

"Dad, are you ok? You look like a mess."

He laughs nervously and begins messing with the cuffs of his shirt. "Yea. Yea. I'm fine. Just have a small headache. Been a stressful week is all."

"Oh...Kay." I say and walk off to the kitchen, to grab the bottle of Tylenol out of the medicine cabinet and a glass of tap water and take it back into the living room. "Here. Take this."

Dad takes the small pill and the half filled glass of room temperature water.  "So... I kinda heard about what happened at school."

My hands that were folding a small dish towel still and the towel falls back into the basket. "Y...you did?"

What part did he hear about? A lot has happened? My whole body freezes in panic as I begin to think about all of the Possibilities of what he could no about.

"That you kinda.... uhm. Had some intimate photos shown on a screen." He coughs and turns a shade of red and stares at the floor.

I begin to panic, and studded "I...he...they...uhm. Maybe." I sit down on the couch and bury my head down in the palms of my hands, so beyond embarrassed that I am having to have this conversation with my father.

He coughs again, and sits down in the arm chair across from where I am sitting. "I uhm...do not like to be having this conversation. I had always thought that doing things like that were something that you never would have done because I thought I had raised you better than that. But I think that you might have learned you're lesson. And the boy that showed them to the whole school has been charged but of course he managed to wiggle his way out of them because of who his parents are.  And you are not to have any social media at all. Not even Twitter." Dad rubs his hands down his exhausted face and stands up. " I have to go back to work now. I am just gonna go get those files and be out of the way. Have the kitchen straightened up by tonight. We are having guests tonight." He heads to his room then comes back out with a Manila folder in his hand then walks back out the front door.

All I can do is nod my head a little bit as a reply.

He got away with that shit that he did? I really hate this place.

After ten minutes of sitting on the couch folding laundry, I head to the kitchen to begin cleaning. It's not a whole lot I just need to clean off the good dishes, and figure out something good and fancy to fix or order for dinner. He said they are important people so in must be special.

Spaghetti with garlic bread and potato soup it is.

A/N:
HEY GUYS LOL. I CANNOT GET OVER THE READS ON THIS. AND I READ THE COMMENTS AND I LOVE MOST OF THEM. BUT PLEASE LET ME CLEAR UP THE FACT THAT I STARTED THIS WHEN I WAS 15 AND I DIDNT REALLY KNOW HOW TO WRITE A CORRECTLY WRITTEN STORY WITH A PLOT THAT MAKES SENSE AND STICKS TOGETHER. BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD MAKE A SMALL UPDATE. IT AINT MUCH BUT ITS SOMETHIN.
(I am so sorry about all caps I forgot I had it on)😂😂😂