S I X T E E N

Warning: LONG CHAPTER!!
1023 words!! ♥ I hope it makes up for the absence.
Read the author's note at the end of the chapter please! Its kinda important.

♠♥♣♦♠♥♣♦♠♥♣♦♠♥♣♦♠♥♣♦♠
I stare out the window, as Shane slows down near my house, before pulling to a complete stop.
As I reach for the handle, Shane tosses something over at me, not saying a thing. I am quick to catch the rectangular object. 

"I don't want you talking to that one boy anymore." He says, through gritted teeth, his grip tightening on the steering wheel.

Who? Luke? I roll my eyes, and step out of the car quickly, and slam the door.

Not a second after the door closed, the car speeds off, going down the street then disappearing around the corner.

As I walk up the walkway to my house, the front door opens quickly, and an angry Father steps onto the porch.

"Where in the HELL were you two? Where did you go?" He puts his hand on his hip, glaring at me.

I just roll my eyes, too tired to argue with him at the moment.

I just kick my shoes off, leaving them where they land, and leave them there. 

"I was talking to you, young lady." My dad nearly yells. "I let you do one god damned thing and this is what you do? Danielle would be disappointed in you, Bianca."

There it is. My snapping point.

"How the hell would you know, Dad? Mom was sad because of you. You weren't around when she needed you!" I yell back, tears welling in my eyes. "I had to be the one to help her. I was the one that had to go call for help when I found her...dead." By then I was sobbing.

Dad's face falls, and his eyes water. "Bi-"

I cut him off. "Seven. Years. Old. I was seven years old and I carried more responsibility than most full grown men do in their life. And I was still a child."

I turn, and grab my shoes off the floor, shove the new phone in my pocket, and run out the door.

I sob, and look towards the sky as I run to god knows where.

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾❇◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

I sob as I flop onto the ground, legs giving out from under me.

Don't get me wrong, Dad is a good Dad, when he is not drunk and mad. But today, today he has a reason to be sad. Him and mom's anniversary was today.

I think back to before Mom got sick--before all the pain and sadness.

"Sweetheart, I need to go to work now." Her soft voice sounds from downstairs."aren't you gonna give me a kiss bye bye? "