S E V E N T E E N

The door swung open and out steps a mass of pink hair, who quickly latches onto my arm, and drags me inside the house.

"Izzy!!" I tell as her black painted nails dig into my skin, as she yanks me into the dimly lit mud room.

"Sh. You have to be quiet. Naomi is trying to take her nap." She lets go of my arm slowly.

I nod my head and look around the room. Everything is still the same since last I was here.

The walls are still that ugly floral wallpaper, and the pictures on the walls are still there. Only everything is covered in a thick sheet of dust.

As if nobody has lived here in ages.

"Hello? Bianca?!" Izzy waves her hand in front of my face.

I jerk my head around to took at her. "Sorry. Got distracted. "

"I could tell." Izzy smiles slightly and turns in her heals, the back of her puffy black tee flowing behind her.

"Sorry. Lately has been a little...." I follow behind her, stepping over the broken corner of the wall that sticks out at a weird angle.

As I go to finish what I was saying, we hear small, barely noticeable feet pattering across the floor behind us.

"Beaa!" The small voice yells, amd launched themselves at my legs. 

"Naomi, is that you, squirt?" I laugh and look at the small girl.

She just giggles, her bright blue eyes shining up at me.  "Duh. Who else is as cute as I am?"

I roll my eyes and pick her up, her bright green overalls bunching up slightly against my arms. "Of course. Now let's go see Izzy, and Aunt Barbara."

She swiftly nods her head, her blond curls bouncing up and down. "Auntie Barbara stays in the art room most of the time."

I nod my head and begin walking down the dark hallway, and into the room on the end of the hall.

The art room is different than the rest of the house. Barbara likes to keep her art clean and tidy. The floors are plain cement floors, and there are sheets of plastic layed out in places for when she is painting.

"No. I do not understand why it is not selling. You wanted it a year ago and now that it is finished you do not want it anymore?" Her soft voice floats through the doorway.

"Aunt Beaaaa! Look whose here!!!" Naomi screams, in my ear at her aunt. 

As I round the corner, I watch Barbara turn with her phone still pressed to her ear.

"Uhm....call me back later, Bill...." She mumbled as her big brown eyes begin to water and she hangs up the phone.

"Bianca....my dear." She rushes towards me as I slowly put Naomi on the floor.

She wraps her thick arms around my waist in a good hardy hug. 

Barbara Ann has always been like a second mother for me. She was best friends with my mother when they were growing up.  Her short, stout frame, her big brown  eyes, and her long messy red hair  has always been around. Before my mother died.

"Hi, Auntie Barbara." I smile and wrap my arms around her shoulders.

She leans back and looks at me. "I haven't seen you since you were knee high to a grasshopper. You have grown so much. And gotten so so beautiful, my dear."

I smile at her softly. "It has been a long while."

Naomi runs up and grabs Barbara's hand and goes to drag her off. "come play with me."