T E N

He slowly turns and I gasp.

"Luke." I rub my eyes to clear my vision as I look up at him, standing at the foot of my bed.

"Hey, B." He smiles sadly at me.

"What are you...How did you...." I stumble on my words, so confused.

He just scratches the back of his neck, and looks down at the floor.

"I just followed after that guy after he started chasing after you...And I walked into the lab...and there you were, out like a log."

"That's odd. I passed out before getting to the courtyard....so he must have taken me to the lab again." My eyes widen, and my voice shakes at the end. "Oh God."

"What's the deal with you and him anyways?" Luke scoots closer to me.

"Its a really long story, really. I might tell you some other time, but right now I need to get the hell outta here." I grunt, leaning up once again, and flipping my feet onto the floor.

When I stagger a bit, Luke walks over to me, wrapping an arm around my waist, holding me up. "Let me help."

"Thanks. You got your car, right?"

"Yeah. Are you gonna call your Dad that were leaving?"

"I will later."

·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·
I sigh as I flop back into my bed, relaxing.

I lay there for a moment, relishing the silence, and peace for the few moments it lasts.

I slowly drift of to sleep.

"Come on, Bianca. It'll be sooo fun." He yells at me from the old rusted gates.

"I don't wanna do it, Shane." I cower behind my old hoodie. "It looks haunted."

"Awe. Is the little baby scared?!" Shane throws his head back and laughed, taunting me.

I look up at the old hospital building, the old window shutters falling, the bricks chipped and cracked. "Fine. But I am NOT a baby. I am just going in there 'cause you said you would leave me and my friends alone."

We slowly push the door open, a smell of dust, and mold flies into my face, and I cough. "Eww."

Shane walks a head of me, looking at all of the rusty wall art, and dirty walls.

"Saints Jekyll Memorial Hospital. Established in seventeen fifty seven. Closed nineteen fifteen." He reads from the plaque upon the wall by an old nurses station.

I shudder, wrapping my arms around myself.

"Let's go to the basement." He looks at me and grins, eyeing my shuddering figure in the dimly lit room. "Unless you are too scared."

I let out a yell, as I sit up in my bed, gasping for air, covered in a thick sheen of sweat.

"Oh thank god. Just a dream." I lean forward and go to grab my iPhone, but it isn't there.

I stand up and search my whole room, under the bed, in the closet, and even the bathroom.

But I come up empty.

I don't have my phone.

I jump out of my bed, and run out of my house, and towards the school.

I walk to the science lab and look around everywhere.

I sigh, and put my head in my hands, giving up.

"Looking for this?" He laughs from behind me.

.You should check out Between Me and You by @bookqirl it's a really good book!! I just finished it, and I loved it!!!!

VOTE·COMMENT·SHARE·FOLLOW

Also, How TF is this book
so many reads....?

Also, who likes that cover on top? Do you like that one, or the one I am using right now??

QOTC:
Have any of you watched The Goldbergs??

I love that show so much!!
😸 😹 😻