54.Derry Girls

The show is a comedy set in Northern Ireland in 90s

The show is a comedy set in Northern Ireland in 90s. It is very underrated and definitely deserves more attention.

Though you might have some problem with understanding the accent if you're not already accustomed to it but it grows on you and starts to add to the comedic element. Each character in the show has their own unique vibe and style bringing some delightful performances.

Claire, one of the Derry Girls comes out as lesbian by the end of S1 but we do not see her with anyone. I don't actually mind it as the series is more focused on the essence of friendship and hilarious and relatable family dynamics rather than the romantic relationships.

I love the gay jokes and the support Claire gets from everyone though they might not always be right but they definitely have the enthusiasm. The characters are not without their flaws but that just makes them even more likable.

My personal favourite in the show is definitely Sister Michael. Every scene with her is amazing and makes me laugh, she burns people with her words and you can't help but love her.

Unfortunately this absolutely hilarious show comes to an end with S3, although nobody ends up with anybody, our wee lesbian Claire finally gets to have her first kiss with a girl. I highly recommend watching this atleast once because it's that good.