77.The Fall of the House of Usher

Vote for more recommendations!!!

Every year Mike Flanagan gives the sapphics an absolute horror banger with the same exact cast and then traumatizes the shit out of us

Every year Mike Flanagan gives the sapphics an absolute horror banger with the same exact cast and then traumatizes the shit out of us. I don't know whether to hate or love this man, so I do both. This series follows the good old trope of the deal with the devil and its consequences and it does that brilliantly.

Everyone is queer here and spoiler alert everyone fucking dies. Honestly, I was scared getting into this series in the first place because I didn't want to see so many queer characters die but HOLY SHIT every one of them deserved it other than sweet little Lenore (rip bbg). These people are the embodiment of evil billionaires, they aren't morally grey, they are straight-up morally JET BLACK VOID so instead of sympathy I felt satisfaction. But as much I hate Madeline from the depth of my soul, the chemistry between her and Verna was so... MUCH, I just wanted them to somehow end up together despite the statistic improbability.

If we are talking about romantic storyline or character likeability then this series can't compare to 'Haunting of the Hill House' or 'Haunting of the Bly Manor' but personally for me plotwise it was definitely the most bone-chilling and made me sick of humanity. Also not to be down bad but if Lady Death seduced me like she did that Twink, I would die happily.