71.Conversations with Friends

Technically this series is about two friends who were also ex-lovers meeting a couple and forming new relationships but honestly, it's just about an affair

Technically this series is about two friends who were also ex-lovers meeting a couple and forming new relationships but honestly, it's just about an affair. I had expected it to be quite queer as the three leading women in the show are queer, but I was quite disappointed in that aspect. 

I felt the characters especially the main character Frances was hypocritical and indecisive. They try to normalize cheating in the name of polyamory when it's more about trust and respect and the characters have none for each other. I am not going to lie the start was just the affair and them talking which was slow and boring . 

Then finally for a few episodes Frances and Bobbi's relationship was in focus and honestly were the only ones I enjoyed. But of course, my joy was quickly ruined by a strange polyamory arrangement which of course failed. There was the needless drama that could have been solved by communication, characters apologizing so many times I was tired of hearing it and not one of them were likable .

Honestly the show had way too many explicit hetero-sex scenes only for the last episode to reveal Frances was in love with her best friend the whole time and even that was ruined by the last second of the open ending of her wanting to meet Nick again. This is definitely one of the straightest sapphic shows I have ever watched.