79.Chaser Game W: Power Harassment Boss Is My Ex-Girlfriend

Language: Japanese

Language: Japanese

Since the release of The Gap series, a lot of new GL has come but unfortunately, most of them were not able to reach the quality and level it set. This is the first since The Gap that kept me interested, and in some aspects was even better than the former.

As you can easily guess from the title it is an exes to enemies to lovers thing between a boss and subordinate. Due to a misunderstanding, they broke up and when I say the hate between them was real in the first few episodes, I am NOT lying. They were so dramatic with slapping and pouring alcohol on the head and apparently, there is no HR and their colleagues didn't give a fuck about the drama happening.

The lead actresses have some good chemistry between them and I love it even more that they are Black and White coded with height difference!! The hate-to-love transformation and Fuyu turning from demon boss to sweet baby literally after one day was fun to watch. 

So yeah almost everything was perfect until the ending came, not only did I feel the finale was very rushed and abrupt but I also felt there was a sudden change in the storyline, like technically it was a happy ending since they ended up together but there was literally no fucking reason for Fuyu to return back and live in an unhappy marriage with her husband especially since she came out to him!!!! Then why did she?? Her returning in the end maybe months or even years later DID NOT make it better. It felt bittersweet at best.