67.Plainfield, Illinois

Plainfield, Illinois is the E5 of a series called Monsterland where the monsters range from gothic beasts to humans with mental illness blurring the lines between man and beast

Along with this episode, E7 also has very heavy queer undertones and shows the trope of being obsessed with your bestfriend but it's unclear if it's actually gay so I won't be adding that in this book.

Now coming back to our actual lesbian episode, the story started simple and wholesome about two wives celebrating their anniversary together but as it progresses it becomes very creepy and depressive and definitely not for those who get triggered easily.

From the flashbacks (which I thought were actually kinda cute and made me forget this was horror show) we get to know about Kate's BPD and her suicidal tendencies. Even though I don't think the mental condition was portrayed in a proper and good way, I loved how supportive Shawn was even though it resulted in her own need for therapy.

The horror part starts when Kate can't take it anymore and and finally kills herself but doesn't actually die. This resulted in her becoming a fucking zombie and Shawn being in love with a living rotting corpse.

By the end I didn't know what exactly I was feeling but it was definitely mind numbing and creeped me out. I would have actually preferred if she died instead of being this zombified corpse which will now stay in my mind forever.