Chapter 26: Imaginary Friends

_-Sarah's P.O.V-_

"Well that's a new one..." Georgia said.

A murmur of agreement could be heard throughout the pack, however all I could focus on was the girl standing in front of me. I would be lying if I said I didn't recognize her, but telling the truth if I said I didn't know who she was. This girls face had haunted my past for as long as I can recall. She still had silver hair albeit it was longer than before, but she had kept the same mesmerizing eyes that I had seen as I grew up. My mother thought it was cute when I began speaking to my new friend but when i never grew out of how she put "Speaking to imaginary creatures" she thought me to be a schizophrenic or worse she thought i was speaking to demons. So she sent me away immediately to be tested for the mental illness but when I returned home with negative results she was not pleased. She screamed, she yelled, fuck she even hit, all to try to get me to be "normal" because talking to things she couldn't see "was unreasonable, irrational, and above all completely unacceptable". She called me a disgrace and mentally and physically abused me everyday for it. That is, until she slipped up. She had one more bland attempt to push me up to her standards and with one sentence she effed up.

*flashback*

That same day played before me and I watched as my younger self spoke to a small Saterah, quiet giggles emitted from the pair of us but we spoke in hushed tones, hoping my mother wouldn't hear...However it seemed our hopes were in vain, because she showed up not a second later.

"I swear she's right here! She says her name is Saterah, she's my age too! She told me she would be my friend." My six year old self said.

"For the last time Sarah, it doesn't exist!" My mother said angrily.

"She has angry demons swarming all around her!" Saterah said.

"Really? All around her? Swarming! Thats gross." I replied.

"What's gross?" My mother asked out of curiosity.

"Saterah says that you have demons all over." I said smartly.

I jolted backwards as a palm connected with the side of my face and a foot lodged itself into my stomach. I could feel all of my young self's pain, hear every thought that passed through her brain, taste every drop of blood that threatened to spill into her mouth, and see every flash of red that blurred her vision. Because it was me lying on that floor shaking with anticipation of the next hit. I spit onto the ground as a slightly metallic liquid invaded my taste buds. The yelling wouldn't stop...it was just so loud. Fresh tears of both anger and pain bubbled up from behind my eyelids and cascaded down over my cheeks. I held onto the probably broken arm I had received and popped it back into socket with a sickening crunch. She wouldn't stop screaming. I swore my head was going to split from the sound drowning my eardrums. I had never been so desperate for quiet in my life. A loud clang filled the room. And then finally...Silence. It washed over me like a long awaited storm and calmed my every nerve. After what seemed like an eternity I opened my eyes, my mother lay in front of me her eyes closed and her breathing steady, a small amount of blood tricked from a spot on her forehead but other than that she was unharmed. I met gazes with my friend, a bit of her silvery hair had fallen in front of her starry eyes and a big metal frying pan hung from her hand as it dropped to the ground, a loud clang rang out.

"Thank you." I said.

She smiled, a small giggle slipping from her pale lips, and disappeared. Leaving me alone with my unconscious mother.

*flashback over*

"-arah. Sarah!" Abby said.

"Oh! Sorry...Yeah?" I asked.

"Saterah said something." She said. "And you call me an airhead..."

"Sorry, what was it you were gong to say?" I asked, scratching the back of my neck out of nervous habit.

"I know you remember." She said, examining my face for any confirmation of her words. She found what she was looking for, a single tear made it's way from my eye down the side of my face.

Someone cleared their throat and we finally noticed the eyes of the whole pack upon us.

"Oh...Um anyways I've gotta go so bye." I said, awkwardly walking off.

{{P.O.V Change to Abby}}

"So um guys anyway...It"s Kat's birthday!" I said looking over to the dirty blonde. A light pink blush dusted her freckled cheeks as everyone started singing.

"Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday Dear Kat!

Happy Birthday to you!" The pack sang in unison.

She looked to the ground blue eyes trained on a flower that she apparently thought to be very interesting.

"Kat~ Why so shy all of a sudden?" Scarlett chided.

"Um well you see I don't really like attention all that much so if you could just not that would be great." She said.

"Just end the chapter already!" Georgia exclaimed to the clouds.

"End the what?" I asked.

"Nothing you would believe Abby, nothing you would believe." She said, shaking her head, and with one final wink to nothing the others could see but we know as the reader, they went back to their normal routine.