Chapter 9: I'm Single...

Authors note: Perfect song for this chapter: Wasted Love-Matt McAndrew. Listen to it, it has dem feels.
+*+ABBY'S P.O.V+*+*

I ran out of the house my eyes darting back and forth, looking for somewhere to hide. I chose a tall tree close to the house, I climbed quickly not caring if I slipped and fell. And then I sat and looked out at the forest.

'I could run, I could live as a rouge, my family and I lived like that my whole life, it would be easy. But then again they couldn't come with me. I would be alone, forgotten, and thought of as a coward for running away from my problems.' I thought.

'No! we can't do that we still have our mate. If we didn't have him...well he's the only thing that can ever keep us anywhere...'Aspen said solemnly.

'Yeah he-'I began to say.

*bam!*

My head shot up, looking for the source of the sound, it was Hunter. He shot through the door and slammed it closed loudly, he ran into the forest, anger radiating off of him in waves. I was curious about what he was doing, so I followed him phasing into my small white housecat form and sneaking along behind him. When we reached a covered area he stopped and sat down on a rock looking down at his hands. I phased back quietly, allowing myself to slip a little closer to him.

"Hunter? are you okay?" I said quietly.

He slowly lifted his head and looked straight ahead.

*=*=*HUNTER'S P.O.V*=*=*

Hearing her voice that usually was music to my ears, just brought sadness, anger, and most of all shame. I looked forward with the most expressionless face I could muster.

"I Hunter Wolfe reject you Abigail Black." I said.

I immediately felt bad, I heard Colton yelling curses at me about how much I was an selfish idiot who lost us our mate. But no matter how much I loved her, I didn't need her. it was her fault, all of it was her fault! She was a distraction, and she got my parents killed.

*+*+ABBY'S P.O.V*+*+

I felt terrible, like I could burst into tears and vomit at the same time but I just stared at the back of his head and held back from begging for his forgiveness and crying. If there is one thing I wouldn't do, I wouldn't cry, no matter what, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing he hurt me. I gave a curt nod and felt hot tears well up in my eyes.

'I can't let him see me like this!' I though as I turned and bolted for my grove. When I arrived there a beautiful woman with blonde and silver hair and a silver dress looked at me with sad eyes. "What's wrong Abby?" she asked sincerely. I knew I should be afraid or cautious in this situation with her knowing my name and all but I didn't care. The tears finally came out.

"M-my mate re-rejected me." I sobbed.

I ran into the girl's open arms and sobbed into her shoulder.

"Shh it will be okay, Shh." she cooed softly.

When I finally could control myself I walked over to the river and placed my feet into the water. I moved the water gently with swishes of my hand upwards and then froze it on accident. the girl's eyes trailed my movements the whole time. I heard a soft rustle in the branches and a big white elk walked to me and laid down next to me following suit a strange looking blue and silver cat walked over to me and laid in my lap. I looked upward and the trees blocked out the sky everything except the moon.

'Woa I can control plants too?!'I thought as I looked at the woman.

"who are you?" I asked.

"Artemis, the moon goddess."

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*