Chapter 16: The Hunt Is On

I pulled my hair in frustration as I lost yet another rouge trail. If Georgia were here maybe I wouldn't have to face this alone... I really need her right now. I looked around the forest and thought about Hunter and Georgia. Hearing a noise from a bush I turned and got into a defensive stance.

"Come on out! Don't be shy!" I yelled to the thing or person behind the bush.

A large black bear lumbered out from behind the berry bush. I relaxed knowing it wouldn't hurt me. Artemis had explained to me how animals were drawn to me because I was an earth elemental as well as a water elemental so they wouldn't try to hurt me, I was overjoyed when she told me I would be able to get close to wild animals because I had always been fascinated by animals. but as this bear approached me something felt off. the last time I came in contact with an animal I could feel its emotions and hear its thoughts. But with this bear I couldn't hear its thoughts nor feel his emotions. Then he phased into a tall Hispanic guy.

'Dafuq!?' Aspen said in my head.

"Eek!" I squealed.

I was so used to people phasing and not having clothes that I turned around and covered my eyes.

"Um... Hello?" The boy said.

"Are you of the clothed nature?" I asked.

"Yes I am, as you say it, of the clothed nature." He said with a chuckle.

"Just making sure." I said and turned and went back into a defensive stance.

"I can't tell if you're rouge or not in fact I don't even recognize your scent, so what are you?" I asked.

He shifted and in his place he was a sleek black and grey hawk. He flew up to a tree and shifted back into himself.

"Well I'm half shapeshifter, half human. I only have three animals I can shift into, and beside from that I'm normal." He said.

"I've seen two, what's the third?" I asked, curiosity creeping into my voice.

And with that he shrugged and fell back from the tree into the river.

'He's gonna die.' Aspen stated.

As he hit the surface of the water his body contorted and changed into that of a sting ray and he glided through the calm surface of the stream. I decided to make it more difficult for him and forced the water back and forth into rough waves, washing him up onto the riverbank he flopped about a bit before turning human again and shooting me a death glare, which I returned with a smirk.

"Sooooooo....what's your name?" I asked.

"Eduardo, just call me Ed though." he said.

"Alright Eddyoo." I said.

"Don't call me that." he said.

"Whatever you say eddster." I replied.

"Stop it!" he said.

"Fine edilina." I said.

"What's your name?" he said trying to divert the conversation.

"Abigail, but you can call me Abby." I said.

"So abby why are you out here in this forest?" Ed asked.

"I'm looking for someone." I said my expression darkening.

"Who?" he asked.

"A witch." I said.

~~~HUNTER'S P.O.V~~~

I writhed in pain as the cursed blade made contact with my flesh. It dug underneath the skin on my forearm and burned with every little prod the damned thug made. They had been torturing us for days, whether it was by burning, hitting, curses, or silver they always made the pain excruciating. the knife the thug was using right now was a celestial silver blade that burned werewolf flesh at the slightest touch. The silver was draining my power and causing my usually fast healing factor to falter. But throughout this pain all I could think about was Abby. If they had her every damn soul who was ever involved with these rouges would die by my hand, and that was a promise. Scarlett's screams of agony could be heard for the next room and I felt bad for her, since she was the stronger out of the two of us she was tortured with more hostility to keep her as weak as possible. When they were finally done torturing me they threw me into a silver cell with concrete floors and a pile of hay in the corner, but I noticed I wasn't alone. There was a skinny tanned woman hunched over hugging her knees in the far right corner with her head down, her matted golden-brown hair covering her face. Her hair was nice, it looked just like my mom's, as I continued looking at the woman I noticed a birth Mark on her wrist in the shape of a cross, I knew someone with that same birthmark...as I stared at her she looked up and I was met with the eyes of someone I thought to be dead.

"Mom!?" I asked.