Chapter 1: This is Me...

My name is Abigail Black and I'm not like other girls. I, well I'm a Werecat. We are our own species, but I'm a genetic mutation of my two werewolf parents. Today was a weird day... it was unusually cold for the Coastal Plains of Texas. I went to a huge tree and sat in my favorite spot at the top. For some reason I like high up above civilization. It might be because I'm able to keep my bright, blue eyes on everyone and everything. I'm also most likely gonna end up being a cat lady... I never really liked people and I really don't like alpha werewolves ( it's a long story). I looked down and saw Rachael with her light blue eyes and dirty blonde hair that's nearly identical to mine. She also has a pretty, tall and skinny figure, she's a Fae. Oh, and there's Siren one of my other friends. She has her long brown hair (with a splash of blonde) wound in a loose braid going over her shoulder and reaching down to her waist. She has dazzling blue eyes that constantly change colors. She has long thin legs and is about my height but super skinny, she's half mermaid half nymph. Then there's Georgia, my best friend in the grade. She gets along with every one, yet still sits alone under the tree with a book. Her light skin causes a huge contrast with her long, dark brown locks that are always up in a high pony tail. Her eyes are a deep chocolate brown, and she, well she's a Werecat just like me. All my friends are supernaturals, we all go to the same public school, and almost everyone gets along... Except the queen bee of the school Regina Lockhart. She is the rudest, most evil b*tch in all of the school. She's also a witch... no really she's a literal witch, with potions and spells and stuff like that, the weird part is she absolutely hates cats! So obviously she hates me, and since she hates me she hates everyone who is associated with me... that means all my friends, we're all bullied.
Anyway, that day something different happened I took a deep breath and smelled the most intoxicating fragrance ever. It smelled of mint and fresh fallen snow. Someone was up at my spot before I could get there. I had seen him before; I had a little crush on him too. His name was Hunter Wolfe, a foreign exchange student from Australia, and he was absolutely gorgeous. He had a bit of an Australian accent which is my kryptonite. He had deep turquoise eyes and jet-black hair; he was skinny but also very toned.
"Why are you up here?" I asked as I reached the top of the tree never looking him in the eyes.
"Well I saw you up here all alone and thought you needed some company," he responded nonchalantly.
"Oh- um okay." I said awkwardly.
"So what's your name?" He asked. "My name is Abigail...but you can just call me Abby." I said shyly.
"Oh well nice to meet you my name is-"
"Your name is Hunter Wolfe I've met you already..." I finished for him.
"Oh I'm sorry I can't believe I forgot I met such a pretty girl like you." He said flashing a dazzling smile.
He stuck his hand out, silently asking me to shake it. I finally looked up and we shook hands. When we touched and our eyes met, I felt a click inside myself and something stir as if a sleeping lion had been awoken after a year long sleep, his eyes glowed brighter as we said the word that started it all.
"Mate." We whispered at the same time.
"I um I have to go." I said awkwardly.
"Wait don't leave! Are you rouge?" He said.
"Yes... our last pack-" Then the bell rang.
"When you get home today keep your window open We'll continue this conversation then." He told me before climbing down from the tall tree then he disappeared into a crowd of students trying to get home for spring do. break. I got down from the tree and was quickly pushed against a wall by none other than queen b herself.
"Stay away from Hunter. He's mine... and plus he wouldn't want a weak little werecat like you." She spat in my face.
"Leave me alone..." I whispered.
"Ha! You think you can tell me what to do? Think again b*tch!" She said as she slapped me hard in the face.
I whimpered and clutched my cheek she had hit it hard enough to make the skin split. It was now slowly bleeding into my hand.
'Ouch...I'll get you back for that...'I thought.