5 - Ace Trip

Notes:
The next chapters will revolve around Cassell College where we will develop a much deeper relationship with all the allies before heading straight into the big Japan mission.

Please bear with me and this story until we reach that point <3

Other than that, here's a shorter chapter for the longer ones to come :)

-

Y/N followed Luminous around like a lost puppy.

Everything that surrounded her was a completely new experience, trying to dig to the back of her mind if she had ever seen a vending machine before. Apparently, you have to put in coins to get a drink of your choice. There were even vending machines where you could buy small packages of snacks!

The school even had moving—robotic vending machines, which, the sight of that made her mouth drop wide.

"These have been around ever since I was born," Luminous said curiously, "You've only been asleep three months, or so I heard, so they can't be that new to you, right?"

Y/N shook her head, "I'm not sure, I can't seem to remember having any memory of these,"

Luminous huffed, sticking his hands on his waist. "Well, never mind these. Let me show you our outdoor cafeteria! It's where I usually eat my lunch,"

He led her down the stairs and right at the bottom step, just a few feet away was a large area filled with tables and vending machines. Outdoor umbrella's stood tall above the tables, to give shade to those who sat underneath them. There were students in waiter outfits, to which Y/N nudged Luminous' arm to ask why.

"Oh, we have different clubs you can join here. They're part of the cooking club, so they usually prepare and serve us food when lunch starts," he waved at a boy who was busy helping another student with his meal, he waved back enthusiastically.

"Luminous!" he shouted, "what are you having today? And who's your friend here?"

Luminous walked over to the boy in the waiter's clothes, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. "Oh, I'm not eating here today. This is the new student, I'm giving her a tour around campus,"

"Ah," said the boy, "So you're the girl they found in the ocean, right?"

"I suppose that's the word going around campus," Y/N replied sheepishly. The atmosphere around the two boys seemed familiar as if Luminous was a regular when it came to eating here. Regardless, she felt a bit out of place.

Luminous nodded, "I heard she's an S-Rank too," he pointed at his chest with his thumb proudly. "Just like me!"

The boy chuckled, "Yeah but, I'd have to say your rank sure doesn't match your physical ability,"

Luminous frowned and slumped his shoulders down in defeat. He sighed to himself, mumbling, "Great, the newbie hasn't even been here for a whole day and her reputation is already better than mine,"

Instinctually, Y/N brought her hand up to Luminous' back and patted it gently, which only seemed to fuel his despair even more. "Don't pity me," he whined.

"Anyway," Luminous regained his posture. He pointed up at the humungous building with a tower at the top of it. "That's the library, you can find pretty much anything there. That's where our lost and found records are kept too,"

Y/N's eyes trailed up from the stone steps to the grand front doors, all the way up to the tower. "That's the library? It's huge!"

Maybe I can find something about where I'm from there.

Y/N stared at the towering building with amazement. Luminous nudged her shoulder, gesturing that he would be showing her another place around campus. Luminous and his friend waved each other goodbye before he led her further down the stairs to the bottom of the campus.