7 - Blood Rage

Anton proudly brushed back his bright blond hair as he stared at the defeated Siberian Bear with triumph. Khorkina clapped and cheered behind him, further raising his already big enough ego.

"You see that Khorkina?" he said victoriously. "That's real power,"

The girl giggled, running up quickly to his side. Her thick, luscious red hair swayed against the icy winds of the harbor, her cheeks painted light pink. A mixture from the frosty air touching her skin and her handsome Anton flustering her with his greatness.

"I'd like to see Z pull that off," Khorkina boasted, "you took down that bear in no—"

Khorkina suddenly stopped mid-sentence. Anton had his back to her, but it wasn't until she was directly by his side did she see something drastically different about him. His eyes, which were once an icy blue, were gold.

"Anton," she said in a hushed tone as if wondering if the boy knew what had happened to him. "Your eyes...they're..."

"Awesome, right?"

Khorkina was taken back for a split second, but as soon as she realized Anton was not worried, her glossy lips curved up into a smile. She nodded enthusiastically.

"After my last session with Dr. Herzog, he gave me a special dose. When I first saw my eyes, I was surprised too, but the doctor said not to worry," Anton clenched his fists as if holding his newfound power in the palm of his hand. "He told me that only the strongest can control this skill, and that's why my eyes turn gold. Don't you see, Khorkina, I'm the strongest!"

Khorkina patted his shoulders gently, smiling with glee. "Y/N won't stand a chance against you during the assessment. You'll go to the capital for sure, Anton!"

He chuckled confidently as if Khorkina had said exactly what was on his mind. Anton snuck a glance over at Y/N and Renata, playing with the younger orphans across the frozen lake, while he and Khorkina were hidden behind the trees. He smirked, golden eyes watching Y/N, already pitying her for her future loss. "And it's all thanks to this special skill, proving I'm the strongest,"

Anton unclenched his fists, a gust of golden flames disappearing from within his palms. His eyes returned to their normal blue. With his new strength, Anton declared he'd become the strongest across the seas.

"Blood Rage,"

-

Johann's voice seemed to match his facial expression, cold and emotionless, as he stared at Caesar with a disappointed frown.

"A mere death servitor?" his voice was low, toneless, yet his words all seemed to come out as husky and pleasant. "Don't tell me you've gotten weak, Caesar,"

Upon hearing this, with Nono held tightly in his arms, Caesar raised his voice and furrowed his brows. "Hmph! Let's see who's gotten weak!"

The two of them glared at each other, golden eyes versus piercing blue ones. The tension between the two of them was thick, not even an unconscious Nono could break their wall of rivalry.

But past the obvious glares and petty remarks said underneath their breaths, Johann caught sight of Y/N. He made his way over to her in three steps, Luminous standing right beside her.

"You must be the new student. Professor Schneider was talking about you the other day," he extended a gloved hand out to her, to which she took respectfully. Anyone could see how handsomely attractive he was, but this was not the place, or the right time to act on her thoughts. "My name's Johann Chu, it's a pleasure to meet you,"