Prologue.

Two years old, that's what Serafina's age was as she waddled down the hall, and hid behind a chair in the torture chamber, of course, unaware that this would be with her, haunting her for what should seem, the rest of her life.

She saw a man, hands tied above his hair, blood dried, some dripping down still, passed out cold. Soon she also saw her eldest sister enter as he came to consciousness with a thudding headache, eyes closed against the dull pain. The back of his skull throbbed like he was being tortured, which he was, he bit out a curse and moved his hand to inspect the damage - except that it didn't move. Something was restraining his arms, he tried to get up, feeling the panic slowly rising up his chest, but his legs too were immobilised. The violent hum of electricity streaking through the air assaulted his battered head, making him grimace in agony. A steady dripping echoed all around him, but it seemed to come from a single source.

Water, of course, it had to be water, right? dripping down, what else could it be?

"Look who's awake" He heard a strong, cold feminine voice and looked up, his muddy green eyes meeting cold striking blue ones.

"P-Pleas-Please, I-I'll do wha-whatever pl-please just..ju-just st-stop" He stammered out sobbing as she took a few steps forward

"Sobbing already? God, you really are pathetic, here" She handed him what looked like water and he urgently spit out after taking a sip.

It wasn't water, not normal water, of course.

It was acidic, and his throat, it felt as though it had been lit on fire, the inside of his mouth blistering, some parts audibly sizzling even.

She pressed her blade into his skin, before slowly gazing it over his wounds.

"W-Why ar-are yo-you doi-doin this?"

"Because it's fucking fun, why else? that and Boss wants information out of you" She said outlining his eye with the blade, practically spitting out the word Boss.

"B-Boss? Isn't h-he you-your brother?"

"By Blood, but no, he is my boss and that's where our talking and relationship ends" Katherine pouted mockingly but you could clearly see she wasn't pleased being inferior to him or anyone for that matter.

"People think it's quite sad honestly" She said acting as though in deep thought.

"It's not, See the fewer people who I care about, the less weak I am" She said using her fingers to open his eye and very gently let the tip touch his cornea, one move and it would pop.

"Who is conspiring against our boss?" Katherine asked, yes, this was one the men working for them in the mafia, a local drug dealer, with ears that work so of course he knew. He was after all more famous for knowing such information than selling drugs.

"N-no-on"--

"Don't bother lying, handsome" She said very slowly pushing the blade into his eye as he screamed in agony, Serafina stumbled backwards slightly "Slowly, I will rip you apart, one by one till I get the answer" She said carving his eye out, the two-year-old watched all of this, tear streaming down her face, hand slapped over her mouth, scared.

She was scared of her whole family other than Eve as it was, this didn't make it any easier.

"I'L-I'LL TE-TEL-TELL Y-YO-YOU!" His stammer got worse, pain, it spread in a heating sensation throughout his body as people would say.

But for him, it was worse than that, worse than anything he'd ever experienced, all he wanted to do was beg for death now.

"Who?" Katherine said frustrated.