Chapter 33: A solid 1 and a half.

~Flashback~

"A fucking kid?" Baron Saint Laurent shook his daughter by her shoulders, tears poured out of her green eyes uncontrollably "A fucking kid?!"

"I-I'm S-Sor-sorry da-dadd-daddy"

"Who?" He seethed "Who got you pregnant? Who dared?!"

"Dad"-

A smack rang out, he slapped her and with the same hand pulled her tilted face back to face him, shock filled every inch of Andrea's body, he'd never even raised his voice at her, much less hit her, yes, there might be moments where they fought or he criticised her too much, or compared her to Andre or some other kid but never in her life had he or anyone hit her.

"Who?"

"V-Vito-tori-Vitorio"

"You're pregnant with a fucking Spalitte?" The man let go of his daughter and rubbed his forehead looking at the girl "Now we can't even get it aborted"

No one kills anyone in these families and gets away with it, especially with the Spalittes, they were ruthless about it.

"Here's what'll happen, you'll birth the kid, and give to him or put it up for adoption"

"N-No!"

He bent down holding her by her jaw, pulling it to his face, invading her personal space.

"You've always wanted to be the boss, the CEO, more than anything. You want the company right?"

Andrea nodded miserably.

"You want the baby?"

Andrea nodded yet again.

"Well, you can't have everything you want, it's high time you learn that Andrea, I can't have you messing up everything I planned and worked so hard for. So if that baby stays with you, you can leave and kiss your dreams good-bye or you can give it up, stay here and work till you make your dreams reality just like you've always wanted" He tilted his head brushing the hair out of her face, pulling the strands stuck to her wet face. "Choose wisely, my girl, because there's no going back, remember you can have plenty of kids later but once you lose our family and its business, it's gone. Forever."

And that day Andrea made a choice, a choice she'd be grateful for, for 16 years and would regret for the rest of her life.

A mistake she'd never be able to remedy because like Baron told her, there is no going back.

~Flashback over~

"Where is she?"

All of their eyes snapped to her, a white turtle neck tucked tightly into a flannel designed business skirt, her coat ending just where her skirt did, both the iconic Gucci beige, small ankle boots into which her skin-tight black tights disappeared into, a diamond watch strapped to her wrist, pretty and elegant rings resting on her fingers, a pendant around her neck.

"Where?"

"ICU" Katherine answered not looking at Andrea who rubbed her face. "Got shifted from the Emergency room to a personal ICU a few hours ago, we were just informed."

"H-How is she?"

No one answered.

"I fucking asked you"-

"We do not know, Andrea" Vittorio spoke up, his voice as cold as one's could possibly be, who'd believe her if she said this same man who was presenting her with such hostility, laughed with and smiled at her just a few hours ago. "We don't know anything except the fact that she's still out."