Chapter 35: A sleep she thought she'd never wake up from.

~Flashback~

Serafina looked around the classroom, lonely, her best friend was sick and they were making parent's day cards. Apparently, they were to be getting stars for those.

"My daddy will get me ice cream if he likes it"

"My papa said he'd love me always so I'm guessing he'll still cuddle me if the card is bad"

"Look I made papa and me going to Disney Land"

"OOOooo I drew my dad and me at a picnic"

"I drew my daddy putting a tiara on my head"

"I drew me and my dad playing ball"

Serafine with shaky hands she tried to write on the paper after she felt her teacher's gaze on her, she hated Serafina for some reason, at least that what's Serafina felt like it.

She couldn't.

Because she didn't have any and she didn't know what to draw or write or how it felt.

She didn't have any.

~Flashback over~

"I'll block it, keep her. Get her anything she wants. Let her get hurt or Remind me, I'll end you and that little lover of yours who you sneak out to."

Eve had stood in the middle of the room as she watched Vittorio walk away, a newborn in her arms. His newborn in her arms. She couldn't comprehend how not...human they'd become. He was a fucking monster. All of them were, but at this moment to Eve, he was the worst of them all. The one she had the most cherished bond with, was the worst of them all.

'We'd never be who our parents were'

Yes, they weren't who their parents were, they were fucking worse. Way worse.

A tear had rolled down her cheek and before she could wipe it, it dropped onto the baby's nose causing her eyes to flutter open, she stared at Eve and then blinked, and again. Eve was scared she'd cry but instead, Serafina's lips curled into a small smile and relief washed over Eve as she stared at the baby, her eyes worry less, free, happy, as content as one's could be.

Eve bit the inside of her cheek causing it to bleed as she looked at Serafina's face, the shock, the brokenness, the way her eyes looked from Andrea to Vittorio to her and back to her hands.

The twins were sent back home, Serafina was the one who said they should be taken, she was going to die, there would be commotion, media for one, and the rest too. Of course, she cuddled them longer but in end she had Logan drive them home.

They couldn't even argue with the 'you don't know if you'll die' because she wanted explanations, and she wouldn't hear another word but that and god when she got that, she felt like she would die right that second, it made sense and emotions washed all over her.

"Mom..." Serafina whispered the words wondering what it would have been like if she had one, if she knew she had one, she tilted her head "Dad..."

She closed her eyes imagining things, things that never happened to her, dinners, watching Disney movies, telling them about school, calling them that.

She closed her eyes imagining things that would happen instead of what did, her face being the definition of pain, and all they could do was watch the brokenness on her face as she realised the different things that could've happened.

"Mom" She breathed out again, her insides feeling crushed "Dad"

She breathed out again...like she never heard the words, never spoke them.