Chapter 37: Sent.

"I had all and then most of you...

Love.

Love they say.

It will be amazing, they say. You will experience the best thing a human can, they say. It's the most important feeling in the world, they say.

What they don't talk about is the heartbreak caused by this 'best most importantly amazing' thing a human or any soul can feel. The heartbreak that hurts more than fucking being lit on fire when the 'love of your life' breaks up with you, cheats on you, or replaces you. And in Cole's case...when life snatches them away from you, from your life, forever.

Serafina's funeral was a blur, tears, fake words, media, camera flashes, sad family, the most classic funeral ever. Then there was Cole, who stood in the back, hand holding the leather-bound notebook, clutching it as he looked at her one last time.

'I won't. I don't. It's you sending them after all'

Sent.

'I never knew what love actually felt like before you either <3'

Sent.

'Me too, the way your eyes sparkled, the smug grin when you thought your roast was better than mine (it wasn't, I was just too lazy to come up with another), the way your hair bounced when you moved, the way they flew when you ran, the way you'd trace your vein'

Sent.

'Here's another thing, Serafina Spalitte, when I met you, I was dying a little every day too and suddenly I didn't feel like I was.'

Sent.

'I've never felt lighter when we hugged or giggled like five-year-olds at a dirty meme.'

Sent.

'See, here's another thing I haven't been anyone's first romantically either, platonically yes, and I knew who comes first for me, Fi'

Sent.

'You are my first choice 'Rich party girl' since the night we met and will be forever, always and forever (TO, yea, I watched it, Ik I'm too sweet, I love you)'

Sent.

'I'm even deeper in love, Serafina Spalitte, including every part of you from every part of me'

Sent.

'What the hell-

You're scaring me, please be okay.'

Sent.

'I don't mind you texting me these every second of every minute of every hour of every day or every week of every month of every year of every decade of every century, maybe I will after ;)'

Sent.

'I'm in love with you even more. Even fucking more.'

Sent.

'I love you, Serafina Spalitte with everything I was, am and will be.'

Sent.

Sent. Not read.

Cole didn't fathom this would happen at all, he was worried and yes, he did run to find her, but not this, he never imagined this.

So he watched as she was gone, he watched the people weep, he watched some people speak, he just watched as he stood in the corner, with shaking shoulders, wet eyes, trembling lip and a broken heart.

He watched Serafina's body go, just like her soul had.

And there was nothing that he could do about it.

...some and now none of you."