Chapter 30: The sense of familiarity mixed with a sense of belonging.

Anticipation hung in the air as they waited for Katherine, no one fired knowing they'd waste their time and bullets, possibly lives.

"Coward" A soft laugh carried across the place as Katherine walked down Vittorio immediately pointing his gun towards her and she laughed again, raising her hands in the air.

"Well, Tori, give up to this coward, because I am winning"

"Well, then let's not have a fucking Mexican standoff and see your win, eh?"

"Last chance, brother" Katherine smiled swinging her legs slightly as she walked down "Give up your title, we can all call it a day and" Her gaze switched to Lilith for a split second, just long enough to be noticed. "walk out of here alive"

A bullet cut through the air and suddenly the pause was over. Vesper simply laughed but no one could tell

Katherine tilted her head and ducked from Vittorio's bullets and shot at him, both of them shooting at each other, trying to injure the other but keep them alive.

Katherine's men neared Vittorio, outnumbered they may be but they were instructed by Katherine on what to prioritise, and so Katherine could easily shoot through his men near her without worrying much about him as he did the same, their eyes still on each other time to time, see in amidst of all this constant chaos only one could rule both their own and their enemies, to gain victory, after all this wasn't only about surviving but winning.

Winning it all.

Title.

Fear.

Power.

Respect.

And only one of them could win that.

~o~O~o~

Eve smiled at Gusto from afar as she shot at him, he ducked skillfully.

She had to admit she would be impressed only if it weren't for the rage she felt towards the man, he had tortured Logan for information, of course thinking he was just another son of the American mafia don and not 'The' son of the American don and Logan couldn't let the cover blow so he pretended to be helpless and let himself be cut again and again.

He didn't want the world to know who he was just yet.

Gusto turned to shoot back but by then Eve had already slipped behind the pillar and shot at other men. It was true she wasn't fond of this, of any of this but that didn't mean she wouldn't do it. She could do it, again and again, and again if that's what she needed to do.

She turned to her side, back to back with another of their men and shot at Gusto, successfully injuring his right wrist, he looked at her in surprise.

She shot again.

His ankle was gone along with his shock as she shot back, the bullet grazed the top of Eve's ear, and a hot white burn spread across the side of her face which she ignored, it was just a small graze in the end.

She wanted to hurt him more but knew just like the rest that she didn't have an unlimited supply of bullets, after all, you can't just go 'WAIT I NEED TO RE-LOAD MY GUNS'

It doesn't work that way.

Looking around she was grateful that the people left were now mainly using normal guns, and revolvers, better ones than normal maybe but not huge machine guns.

You can't rely only on those for war, after all, you need normal guns and their small bullets as well, they have their own advantages too.

Big or small, everything has its worth.