Chapter 18: Wizards of Waverly Place?

Serafina entered the heavily protected building, eyes red but not crying anymore.

She didn't understand, a few weeks ago none of them but Eve wanted anything to do with her and Vittorio? He never gave a single fuck about her.

And suddenly all this, all of a sudden, losing someone she thought she loved.

See losing Xavier hurt her in unimaginable amounts, more than you'd ever imagine but it wasn't love, she realised it wasn't love, the love she dreamed of having, of giving. The love authors tried to capture into words, the love songwriters tried to capture into lyrics, the love directors tried to bring to life on screen, the love musicians wanted in their music, the love that was apparently the most important thing to exist.

She cared about him, she cared about him a lot, but she didn't love him, she knew she didn't and she stopped denying the fact that she did but that didn't mean she didn't want revenge on Vittorio, now more than ever.

"Serafina" A voice brought her out of her thoughts, she rubbed her arm standing straight instead of leaning onto the marble pillar in the middle of the living room.

Her mixed green-blue eyes met striking blue ones, she smiled softly. "Hey Logan"

Logan looked cliche, striking blue eyes, dirty...dark blonde hair, strong muscles, it was as though he was plucked out of a book where book everyone's pretty, handsome...where everyone is physically perfect.

He smiled back at her gently, walking over to the girl who in his mind she was still the nine-year-old teasing Eve about love when they met the first time.

"Everything okay, kiddo?" He asked pulling her in for a hug, she clutched him pressing the side of her head to his chest.

She was always going to be a huge part of Eve and his life as they were in hers, it was clear from the start.

And he didn't mind one bit.

"I know I'm not supposed to be here a whole lot," She said quietly "But everything going wrong, and I can't understand anything."

He pulled away and kissed her forehead.

He noticed she was upset from the start, her body language which finally in weeks she didn't care about made it clear.

"Want some hot chocolate?"

"I'm not 9" She snorted and his lips twitched upwards.

"Mac and cheese it"

"I'm 16!"

"Pizza then"

"Logan!"

"Serafina!" He chuckled at her annoyed expression, happy that he successfully changed her mood.

"I'll make some hot chocolate and we can talk okay?" He turned serious as he spoke when she sniffled absentmindedly

"That's okay, I was just looking for Eve" She followed him to the kitchen and jumped on the counter.

"She's not home but you've got the next best thing" He put on one of the aprons Serafina brought him making her grin at the words printed on it.

'Back off. I only cook for Serafina'

He did a funny shuffle on the floor as the milk warmed up, she laughed.

Serafina couldn't believe the man in front of her was dangerous, that many people feared him.

She couldn't believe he cared for her, because all she learnt from her years on earth was that she wasn't worth it.

She was just there as a cure for boredom.