Chapter 25: Mine or yours.

Firsts are something people often think about. Childish. Embarrassing. Childishly embarrassing. Some are amused by their past selves, others find them cute. Amusingly cute but Serafina? All her firsts were agonisingly painful.

Her first gun wound, her first kill, her first kiss, her first time.

Every first was tied to a painful memory, that she could never forget because the people who caused the pain to go along with it, were some that she met every day.

She felt the pain of her firsts. All of them. And it hurt so fucking bad.

~flashback~

"Please, I don't...I don't want to kill someone"

Vittorio simply picked the four-year-old girl up, forced her finger onto the trigger and shot the knee of her batchmate.

"NO"

She screamed and squirmed as he sobbed in pain.

He forced her finger to press again, this time it hit the other kid's shoulder, and then again a finger and finally his neck.

"Please" She sobbed when he turned her to a woman, with a baby in her tummy as Serafina had learnt.

A shot to the hand, a shot to the stomach and a shot to the head.

The body fell.

He turned to one of an old man and forced her to shoot, forced her to kill, forced a four to year, his four-year-old sister to kill and watch.

And god, it hurt so much.

And he made her do it again, and again and again until she was numb, to the bodies falling onto the ground until she gave in and then he finally spoke.

"This is what you do to an enemy, mine or yours."

And with that he left, left the room and the broken girl inside, in a painful shock, the same position he was in years ago but he didn't care, his words ringing in the girl's mind.

'This is what you do to an enemy, mine or yours.'

~flashback over~

Serafina shook her head as took her medicines.

Fucking firsts...well in a matter of hours they might be her lasts too.

Katherine's plan was coming closer, much closer than anyone would ever expect.

~o~O~o~

"Tomorrow"

"Yeah" Vittorio nodded "They don't know we know so we should be taking them by surprise, we'll have the advantage however get as many men as we can here"

"Alright and back up?" Gusto asked, it was Vittorio's usual plan, after all, surprise attack after surprise attack, after surprise attack, just like Inception's dream within a dream within a dream.

"Two teams. I want three surprise attacks, as usual, our first one should take them off guard as it is" Gusto nodded circling two areas on the map "This and this then?"

"Yes, make sure they are well prepared" Vittorio stared at the map bitterly "We both know how thorough Katherine can be?"

He couldn't comprehend why they turned into this when the girl who played the piano with him sitting on his lap wanted him powerless, dead. When the girl he twirled around and danced with nodded as a yes. When the girl he pretended to scare monsters away from agreed without hesitation. When the girls he drove to the school shrugged and said yes.

Serafina he understood, he never gave her an ounce of love. The twins? maybe the smallest amount possible.

But the girls who saw him, the real him, the ones he taught to ride bikes? the ones he braided hair for?

When did they start hating him so much?

Maybe he knew when.

He did know when.

But he lied to himself saying he didn't, and he believed it just like he believed any lie he fed himself over the years.

"Hey babe" He entered the bedroom and Lilith looked at him.

"Tomorrow?"

"I know it's too fast and that we just came to know but it seems...good"

"Vittorio" She sighed as he loaded his guns and he walked over to her.

"I promise, it'll be"-

"No, Vi, it's not that" She looked at him with a small sigh "Remember when you told me about...Victorio?"

"Yes" Vittorio looked at her wordlessly and she shook her.

"Ever since...I wanted to ask you something..."

"Yeah?"

"What happened to Katherine? You said she was Victorio's girl" She asked softly "What was Katherine doing then?"

~Flashback~

Vittorio couldn't believe his twin was gone, he stared at the gravestone in the family graveyard, located in the middle of nowhere in a forest. Their ancestors used to believe in what's done is done, no use crying over spilt milk, no emotional attachment or memory needed, just get fucking on with life.

Eve was sobbing, Vesper was sobbing, their parents were crying, he let few tears down, and looked at Katherine.

The girl stood beside his grave, her face an unhealthy pale, her face full of shock, eyes full of pain, he walked over to her.

She stiffened.

He kneeled down so he was around her height.

"You can cry you know," He said softly "Eve is, Vesper is, I did too."

"How do you know if I cried or not" The little girl turned to him "Of course you know if they did or not, you were with them" She hissed before looking at the new gravestone "And he was supposed to be with me"

He stared at her in shock but only registered her last sentence.

"Kath...I know I'm not Vic, I can never be but I'm still your big brother alright? I'll always be there for you"

"Quit fucking lying" She walked off and he stared at the ground confused and another droplet of water fell onto the ground.

"Hey" He whispered touching his twin's tombstone "Our little sissy spoke her first cuss word, tell me you heard that"

His voice was pained.

Victorio was supposed to be here, he was supposed to be his annoying self and whistle when Katherine swore, Vittorio was supposed to shake his head with a smile, they were supposed to ask her to say it again, and record a blushing Katherine saying it before uploading it to their Instagram stories and get told off by their parents.

He was supposed to be here...beside him...beside them where he belonged and not in some stupid space underground.

He was supposed to be here, always.

~Flashback over~

"I don't know"