Chapter 36: In a state of blissfulness.

'Oh, baby you should go and love yourself!' Uh...Yeah bish, we should love ourselves. Period.

Also, this chapter is dedicated to the Ogs, you never got this bit in the previous one but I hope you love it. I hope all of you do...so I guess it's dedicated to all of you, huh?

Serafina thought she'd never wake up again, never do anything again, never breathe again, she thought she'd slowly slip away in her sleep but she had woken up, she could make out the others outside when the nurse came in once.

She asked if Serafina wanted them in, Serafina just said she wanted to sleep some more, she heard them protest there, ask to come in, thankfully they didn't though, couldn't.

Right now though? Serafina just stared at the ceiling, tears of frustration in her eyes, she thought she could just slip away in her sleep but her mind wouldn't let her. It was hurting and wouldn't let itself rest.

And her heart? Oh god, her heart ached so much, the emotional pain was physical.

Maybe she couldn't sit and simply stare at her wounds like she always had, maybe it was time to do something about it.

She inhaled, pushing herself up, hands shaking from the pressure, she took another deep breath. She swallowed the saliva as she looked at the empty spot where the table was before it had been broken like she had been broken.

Slowly and carefully she turned, her feet touching the ground no longer held back by the drips as they were only reducing her chances of living now, not that she had any, but they put more pressure on her organs, meaning a quicker death, so they decided to stop them after the doses finished again.

Slowly she walked over the where they'd thrown the table, the area had been swept clean, because well...at the end of the day, this was a hospital after all.

She bent down picking a small piece of glass that must have escaped, broken glass, so small that if she were looking for it, she'd never have seen it, so small that it'd never hurt.

Slowly she pricked her finger with it, a drop of blood slowly blossomed over her skin, slowly flowing down her finger, another drop joined.

Serafina stared at the deep but small hole it had caused, the broken glass had caused.

A small smile formed on her lips.

Broken glass still cuts.

Broken glass still cuts, broken chocolate pieces still taste good, broken marble looks even prettier, and broken crispy leaves are so satisfying.

So if that was it, maybe, just maybe even if she was broken, dying, and...alone, Serafina was still worth something, maybe she was still worthy of love.

And just like that day, she was wrong, she thought loving oneself just happens, and you don't realise it happened until way later. Just like she thought about friendship.

But no, again, for the second time in her life, she felt a super-power come down her, she felt invincible and even though she was dying, Serafina felt alive. She felt loved. She finally felt loved by the person who'd know her longest, she accepted herself, loved herself, and maybe that was the secret all along.

She had it with her, in herself, and she couldn't believe she spent her entire life, trying to earn it from someone else, someone who didn't even know her.

Stupid stupid stupid.

No.

She shook her head, as she walked over to the window, opening it as she looked at the stars, the night wind hitting her face, the stars in the sky surrounding the moon.