Chapter 26: Sent.

~Flashback~

A strangled sob left Katherine's throat as she woke gasping for air and slapped her bruised and but palm over mouth begging none of the guards outside heard as tears streamed down her face.

She saw his dead body again.

His cold dead body covered by a blanket of his own crimson blood.

She couldn't tell anyone, she had no one to tell so she just held her battered self in her own arms and sobbed as quietly as she could.

Because her parents couldn't know she cried, she'd have to train more as punishment for being weak and she didn't think she'd survived that.

~flashback over~

Katherine woke up gasping for breath, cold beads sweat down her face, tears burning in her bloodshot eyes.

God, she saw him again.

She wished she could say she saw him every day in Vittorio, she didn't. She didn't because Victorio in his entire life wouldn't ever be what Vittorio was, what they were...monsters and tonight he'd told her just that.

You've turned into this fucking monster, all of you have.

She got up, checked her door lock before sliding against it and onto the ground and then she cried.

She cried for everything.

For her brother dying.

For losing the other one.

For losing all of them.

For losing family.

For the torture, their parent's inflicted on them both mentally and emotionally.

For betraying her brother.

For being hated by both her brothers.

For being who she was.

For being a monster.

Her chest hurt, eyes closed as she let it out, silently.

Hand slapped against her mouth just like years ago...after all, no one can know Big Bad Katherine breaks down, no one can know that she does have a heart.

After all, no one can know she's weak.

~o~O~o~

Vittorio was conflicted, he didn't know what Katherine saw, what she was doing.

On the other hand, it didn't matter because, reason or no reason, she was betraying him and the mafia.

He couldn't just stand there defenceless while she shot at him.

So with a heaviness in his heart which ignored, he buttoned his black shirt getting ready for the day ahead after he tested his guns, and ordered men to prepare for the bloodshed that would take place in their own headquarters today not realising, today will change how he saw people and himself. Especially himself and her. Scratch that. Especially himself and those three.

But right now, he needed to pretend his day was going normally, he couldn't let anyone know he knew about the betrayal. That would ruin the plan he put together.

"You know what I heard?"

"What?"

"Andrea Saint Laurent is the new CEO" Gusto looked at his best friend/boss "And in town"

"And?" Vittorio questioned, his tone nonchalant.

"You know you might as well see her, I know high-school sweethearts and all but"-