Chapter 16: Under. Their. Feet.

The plan was starting to get more real by the second, Katherine watching her men prepare. Eve putting on make-up. And Vesper just entered, eating an apple.

"Well, he'll probably ask you to go" Katherine spoke to Vesper "I need you to give him more to think off, I need his phone off too"

"You expect too much from me"

"Because too much can be expected from you, Vesper."

"Wow, the amount of pressure, I'm in...good lord" She said sarcastically rolling her eyes, making Katherine roll her own.

"Get it done"

"I will"

~o~O~o~
Vesper walked down the hallway when Serafina banged into her.

"What the fuck" Vesper caught her by the elbow, pulling her up "Watch where you're going would you?"

"Yes" Serafina nodded quietly, making Vesper frown, and she brushed the hair out of a squirming Serafina's face.

"What happened?" Vesper asked, tilting Serafina's head upwards.

"Nothing"

"Something" Vesper smirked back, tightening her hold.

"Stop with that evil smirk of yours"

"What evil smirk?"

"That" Serafina pointed to her face.

"Ah" She nodded suppressing a smile at the action before arching an eyebrow, like most of them did "What happened?"

"Allergies" The girl answered, Vesper held her gaze a second longer before letting her go, as the clicking of Serafina's boots faded, she looked at the files in her hands with a sigh.

Fuck you, Tori.

Slowly, she read through the cases, line by line as she sucked on a lemon.

"Why the fuck would she say that?" She muttered at something Raven said to the media.

Where Vesper was reckless and didn't care, covered in tattoos and weapons, practically being the Blake, Xander or Dylan of the story she was always sure to use words that could be twisted later to serve her, in the way she wanted.

She always had that talent, guess that's why becoming a lawyer especially one on the wrong side of the law wasn't all that bad.

Nevertheless, it wasn't easy at all.

She heard someone knock and sipped her black coffee, her eyes going through the words on the files.

"Fuck off" She replied to the knock but the door opened, and before looking up she grabbed a dagger throwing it in the direction of her door.

"Do not throw things like a child." She heard her brother's voice and raised an eyebrow looking up and into the same blue eyes all the siblings but Serafina shared.

"Do not tell me what to do."

"I'm your big brother" She saw his lip twitch to a smirk "It's my job"

"No, you bloody arent." She leaned back in her chair and stared at him as she muttered "Vic was, you were, Vic is, you aren't"

"Excuse me?" He as usual hid his emotions, not letting show that he had heard what she said clearly.

Not showing the effect they had on him.

"Nothing" She gave a sickeningly sweet smile, but her eyes softened anyway.

Both of them knew he heard, but neither knew if he was meant to.

"What the fuck do you want?"

"The twins or Eve, maybe even Katherine, but they're both out" Vittorio looked at a pen on Vesper's desk as though thinking "Raven Preferably"