45. Unhealed Trauma pt2.

Eamon sat up with a jolt from his desk, his heart was hammering in his chest and his breath was ragged. His whole body trembled from the emotional exertion of his nightmares. He was filled with a sudden desperate need to see Y/N, to see her and make sure that it had been nothing but a bad dream.

He flung the door to his office open and stumbled up the darkened staircase. He felt every drop of blood in his veins turn to ice as he saw that the light was on behind the closed bathroom door despite the late hour. He rushed to the door trying to quell his growing paranoia, but any attempt at maintaining calmness was abandoned when he turned the handle to find that it was locked.

Abandoning all reason he pounded his shoulder against the door, but it refused to budge. After several more attempts, his shoulder was too sore to continue. Recalling a move he saw in an action movie he backed up a few steps and tried kicking the center of the door.

It bowed but didn't give way. He kicked it again and this time the lock broke with a satisfying snap and the door flew open and he rushed inside, ignoring the pain in his shoulder and his hip. He did his best to ignore the pain, gasping for air from the exertion of breaking through the door, just praying that he wouldn't arrive too late as he had in his nightmares.

Y/N gasped in surprise at the sudden intrusion as she sat in the bathtub surrounded by large pink bubbles. She let out a squeal and tried to cover herself as Eamon lunged forward and pulled her out of the water. He knelt next on the bathroom floor, clutching onto her so tightly that she had trouble breathing.

"Eamon! What are you doing?!" She asked as she tried to wiggle out of his vice-like grasp, but even with the added slickness of the soap on her skin, she was unable to escape from his arms.

Her face was flushed with embarrassment but she stopped struggling as he buried his head against her neck, and she heard the heavy heaving of his sobs. "Why-why are you crying? Did something happen?" She asked, concern replacing the mortification she felt moments before. Something really bad must have happened for him to break the bathroom door down so late at night.

"I-I love you Y/N..." He mumbled between his sobs, his breath hot against her neck, his tears adding to the water droplets rolling down her skin. He didn't answer her questions, mumbling under his breath like he hadn't even heard her speak. "I fucking love you!" He suddenly exclaimed, his voice breaking from the sudden fervor he tried to convey.

Y/N jumped, startled by the sudden volume change in his voice. "I-I love you too Eamon, but couldn't you have waited to tell me that until after I finished my bath?" She tried to lighten the atmosphere by joking about the situation but it fell flat as Eamon didn't laugh at all and only clung tighter to her bare skin.

"No..." He mumbled, his large hands shaking as he held onto her, his ginger hair disheveled as he rubbed his head against her neck and shoulders as he breathed in the intoxicatingly sweet scent of the soap on her warm skin that was so soft and filled with life. He could hear the gentle thumping of her heartbeat, its steady rhythm reassuring him that she was alive and well. "You don't understand, I love you so much that I would... I would die without you... My life would be meaningless without you!" He ranted as he began to lose himself on the tangent, shuttering as he recalled how painful it had been when he saw her dead in that very bathroom only minutes before.

"Thank you, Eamon I-I don't know what to say..." Y/N blushed, subconsciously pulling herself into a smaller form within his arms as she grew embarrassed again. "Surely I can't be all that great..." She whispered as several strands of her wet hair fell in front of her face.

Despite the softness of her tone Eamon still heard what she said and he was not happy about it at all. "Maybe I need to show you..." He murmured as he gripped her shoulders and pushed her down until he had her pinned beneath him on the cold tiles of the bathroom floor. He subconsciously ran a hand over her forearms, reassuring himself that they were free from the deadly cuts he had seen in his nightmare. Even though he had stopped crying his blue-graey eyes still shone with tears and several droplets fell and landed on Y/N's cheek.

"W-what?!" She stammered as she looked up at him with wary E/C eyes. She felt a chill travel up her spine and she began to shiver as the cold air in the bathroom brushed against her wet skin and her naked back pressed against the tiles. Something about the way Eamon was looking at her was different, it was desperate and ravenous, with his ginger hair hanging in his face, partly soaked shirt, and hungry expression he was barely recognizable.

"Maybe I need to show you how god damn important you are to me - how much I love you..." His words trailed off as he leaned his face down towards hers and she held her breath as she watched him. He began kissing her neck and jaw as his large hands wandered over her body, caressing every curve while he kissed and sucked at her neck like he couldn't get enough. "From now on you're not leaving my sight, got it?" He breathed against her ear.

"Y-yes," she stammered, the low huskiness in his voice sending another chill down her spine as she lay beneath him.

He sat up enough to meet her eyes and give her an approving smile, "That's my good girl," he praised her. He leaned down again and place a loving kiss against her lips, he trailed his tongue against them before pulling away and chuckling as she let out a tiny whine of disappointment. He bent forward again, but this time to kiss her forehead. "You'll be my side forever, nothing will ever come between us, I promise."

A/N

Looks like Y/N and Eamon's double suicide was only a nightmare... Or was it? ^~^

Until next time I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~