58. Only a Bad Dream.

Eamon held silent eye contact with the petite girl standing on the staircase while he struggled to catch his breath as deep horror gripped him. "Y/N, it's not what it looks like I-" he removed his hands from the old woman's neck, but it was too late.

"Oh, God!" She cried, clutching her hands over her mouth as she beheld the violent scene in the living room. "oh god oh god oh god-"

"-Y/N, please!" He cried as he scrambled off of the limp body and got shakily to his feet, desperation written on his face.

"You-you killed her..." She stammered, backing away from him only to trip over the next step and fall down. "Why... Why d-did you kill her? Are you g-going to kill me too?" She asked as terrified sobs began to escape from her throat.

"No Y/N, never!" Eamon exclaimed horrified at the thought of ever harming her in any way. "I'd never kill you, I-I'd never kill anyone!" He began shaking from head to foot.

"But, y-you killed Annie-" Y/N stammered, tears sliding down her cheeks as she continued to cry in fear.

"No-no I didn't," he began pulling at his ginger hair, his eyes wide. It was another nightmare, just an illusion. He hadn't killed anyone, he couldn't. "Annie, any just quit, but it's fine! Everything is fine!" He justified, a disconcerting smile stretching the corners of his mouth.

"B-but, she's right there..." Y/N whispered, her eyes transfixed by the limp body of the housekeeper laying on the beige carpet of the living room.

"No, she's not!" He lashed out as he backed away from the body, shaking his head. It's not real, it's not real, it's not real, he thought as he stared at the corpse waiting for it to vanish. When, despite all his efforts, Annie's sprawling form persisted he grabbed the blanket from off the couch and threw it haphazardly over her. "There's just a blanket there, see Y/N?!" He said, smiling widely as he gestured at the blanket.

"E-Eamon, you're scaring me!" Y/N stammered, petrified by his bizarre behavior. She was frozen in place. She didn't know what to do, not when he was acting like that.

"There's nothing to be scared of," He told her, an eerie calm settling over him as he stepped over the blanket and began walking over to the stairs. "you're with me, and I'd never kill anyone." He began to ascend the staircase, crouching down on the step below Y/N so that their eyes were level.

"But Annie-" Y/N protested, her E/C eyes darting between the body hastily concealed by the blanket and the man kneeling within an arm's reach of her.

"There's no one there!" He snapped, worry and confusion crossing his features as he looked down at the living room where a blanket sat heaped on the floor. "Y/N, you're scaring me!" He put both his hands on her shoulders, incredibly concerned by her insistence that Annie's dead body was in the living room.

"I-I can't breath!" Y/N cried, tears spilling from her eyes as she began to hyperventilate. Nothing made sense, it was all too much, she felt like the walls were closing in on her. "Eamon, I-I can't breath!" She gasped, utterly panicked as her vision began to turn dark.

"Shhh, it's alright," Eamon tried to soothe her. He pulled her against his chest and held her close until she lost consciousness in his arms. "I've got you." He whispered before picking her up like a baby and carrying her up the stairs.

. . .

"E-Eamon?!" Y/N called out his name in panic and confusion as she awoke to find herself tucked securely under the blankets of the bed in the master bedroom, naked. Memories of Annie walking in on her and Eamon followed by Eamon murdering her filled her mind, causing her to break down into hysterical sobs.

Woken by her cries Eamon sat up next to her and wrapped his arms around her, the bare skin of his chest pressing against her back. "Shhh, it's ok doll," he said in a low throaty whisper as he stroked her H/C hair with his large hand. "I'm right here, I'm right here."

"Stay away!" She shouted, horrified. She shoved his arms off and tried to scramble away, but got tangled up in the sheets. "You-you killed Annie, didn't you?!"

"Y/N, what are you talking about?" Eamon asked her, deep lines appearing on his face as he looked at her in confusion. "I haven't killed anyone."

"But I saw you and her!" Y/N sobbed, wrapping her arms around her legs and curling into a little ball. "Y-your hands were around her neck and-and," Y/N faltered, reaching her hands up to touch her own neck as the image of him strangling the housekeeper in the living room filled her mind.

"Y/N, I'd never kill someone, especially a sweet old lady like Annie," Eamon reassured her, his blue-graey eyes twinkling without a trace of malice.

"B-but I saw-" she protested, sure of what she had seen.

"You must have one terrifying nightmare," Eamon said as he reached out to stroke her cheek tenderly. He wiped away the remaining tears on her face and smiled at her with a face full of love. "Good thing you're awake now huh?"

"I-I guess so..." Y/N stammered, taken aback by how calm and collected Eamon was. He was nothing like how he had been when she had seen him murder Annie. Had she even seen him murder Annie? "It was all so real..." She whispered, still finding it hard to believe it was just a nightmare.

"I know Y/N," Eamon told her soothingly as he pulled her close and placed a kiss on her forehead, "but it was only a bad dream, I promise."

A/N
I'm really hyped about some new projects I'm got coming your way, so I thought I'd speed things up a bit. You can expect daily updates on this book until it is completed.

Until next time I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~

Folie à Deux [Yandere Guardian x Abused Female Reader]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara