-14-

When you woke up after days of training and complete nonsense with your buddy group (Bakugo, Kirishima, and Kaminari), it finally came the time where you can put all your efforts into one tournament.

You barely spoke when you ate breakfast, nor did you on the way to the entrance of the school. In fact, you were dead silent all the way to the arena. Your eyes were set on one thing; to win and to win with many clueless since it's more fun that way.

"You excited, (y/n)?" Kaminari asked once we walked down the cement ground, entering the arena with crowds cheering.

You nodded to his words, displaying a determined face. Staying calm was also a factor you mastered recently, so you portrayed it often during training and will use it here.

While standing beside your opponents, you noticed the sun dawning on you, feeling its rays hit your skin. The crowd grew quiet as the famous Midnight appeared on the podium, presenting herself in her usual sadistic manner.

"Now, let's see what the preliminary event is!" she exclaimed, holding the mic with one hand and the other held some whip, as midnight would.

"Yes, the preliminary event is the obstacle race!" Present Mic commented through the speakers. Everyone around you kept their gaze on Midnight as she presented the rules.

"The top forty-two competitors will pass and move on. Let's begin!" After she spoke her parting words, everyone marched off the stage to enter the large obstacle course awaiting failures and victories.

'I'm going to win, even if I act as I can barely hold on.' You chuckled under your breath as everyone lined up beside each other. 'I don't have to be top ten, but as long as I'm in the lower ranks, no one would notice my quirk.'

"Alright! Start the clock!"

A few beeps sounded nearby, counting down from three. Your eyes beamed forward and you lowered yourself to touch the ground with your hands.

'I might not know most of these quirks, but I do know that I have increased my physical ability since training a possession quirk is difficult. So, physical strength will bring me to victory.'

Once the final horn blasted off, everyone dashed forward. You weren't in the front nor the back, but right in the middle.

The first obstacle appeared, robots peering into your view. They were the same as the ones in the entrance exams. The first thing you noticed was Todoroki shooting ice on the ground and at the robots, freezing them. Bakugo followed behind with Izuku coming close.

Ignoring everyone else behind you, you dashed forward, looking round to count the number of people in front.

The fact that possession is difficult for something like this makes it more challenging, but then the next stage followed. Ropes were aligned from one cliff to another with a deep canyon in between.

You didn't stop, as a few behind you did. Sticking with the group, you hastily crossed the rope as many used their quirks to get across while a few fell and failed the first round of the tournament. This running and anxious feeling made you thrilled. Breathing increased in intensity, but you were still able to run faster and longer. You took one small glance behind you, seeing the number of opponents slowly being picked off behind you in the cliff stage.

Once finished, you were set for the next stage. The number of people in front of you also slowly decreased, as they gave up on the running factor or didn't have enough power in their quirk.

Then, what seems to be, a minefield approached. With multiple people in front of you, you trucked behind them, hoping they would deploy any mines that came into contact, though you kept your distance.

"Shit!" a girl shouted, stepping on a mine that flew her into the air, her being far in front of you.

"I can do it!" a boy blurted to your right, running forward only to get blow outside of the course, being eliminated from the tournament.

Your plan ran smoothly and quite well, especially during the mine run. Many people in front of you tripped the wrong wire and stepped in the wrong spaces, but you dragged behind them for the safe places.

'Though this isn't as risky as being upfront, it's going to be awesome when I reach the top. No one will know.'

Smiling to your thoughts, you crossed the finish line, taking a glance behind to see a few more competitors trail behind. They panted, gasping for air as if it had left them completely.

"What a finish!" Midnight announced.

Then the competitors who advanced were listed. You were right where you wanted to be: forty-second place.

"Forty-second?!" Kirishima blurted by your side. Bakugo grunted on your right, making you look in his direction.

"What?" you asked, raising a brow.

"Why did you place so low?!" He whined, but the anger covered it up. You sighed, turning your body towards him.

"You'll find out." When his head glanced at you, he noticed the arched eyebrows fixed on your face, your lips angled in a smirk as your eyes lit with fire. His reaction wasn't a scream nor a yell, but wide eyes and a slightly shocked look, causing him to immediately turn away. "You'll see, Bakugo. My plan will come together." You chuckled under your breath.

"Ha! Well, I beat your first round! Third place!" he shouted, spinning back on his feet.

"But Izuku got first and Todoroki git second." Kaminari added, making Bakugo tick immediately.

"SHUT UP, SPARKEY!" You grinned and in your mind said, 'there it is.'

"Good job, but it won't be good enough," you spoke, patting Bakugo's shoulder.

"WHAT?!" Bakugo blurted in your face, but you continued to grin. You knew this may break off the nice advantage you have, where Bakugo doesn't shout at you, but in the end, you'll be first so he'll get passed anyway.

"Why do I feel like (y/n) is a completely different person now? She seems scary?" Kirishima took a step back from your body.

"Congratulations, (y/n)!" Izuku entered the scene with a large grin. Taking a step forward, you greeted him with a wave. Bakugo took a few steps to stay away from his enemy.

"You too," you replied, seeing him nod.

"I'm glad I get to go against you. I don't know what your quirk is, so it'll be nice to find out!" he beamed, taking one more step forward. Lowering your head, you hid your eyes from him, chuckling lightly though others may find it creepy. "(y/n)?"

"You'll see, Izuku." Raising your eyes, he saw the same determination you showed off to Bakugo. A small blush came to his cheeks from you using his name for the first time in ages.

"Are you ok?" he asked worryingly, lifting his hands.

"I'll win and I'll do it without many even knowing my quirk." you chuckled once more, loving this feeling of acting completely different in front of your friends.

"Ok! Do your best! And stop being creepy, it's kinda weirding me out." He walked off, waving innocently as you did the same, reverting to your silent and happy self.

"Next event is the cavalry battle!" Present Mic shouted in the speakers.