Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 15

Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Chapter 15

“Good morning beautiful,” said a voice in Marian’s ear.

‘Why hello there you little maggot,’ thought Marian bitterly.

She looked up at Lachlan, who was gazing at her intently.

He went in for a kiss, but Marian stopped him with her hand.

“Uhh, I have really bad morning breath,” she lied.

“So do I,” he said, tangling his hands in her hair and bent down, starting to kiss her.

She really hated it when he did that; but it’s not like he was going to ask for her permission.

He broke away from her from a second and she took this as a way out.

“I’m starving,” she said. “How about I make us breakfast?”

“That’d be great...once I know for sure I can trust you,” he grinned.

Marian growled.

‘Bitch,’ she thought angrily.

“Come on then, I’ll get Benny to cook us something,” he said, wrapping his arm around her and leading her out the door.

They walked down the stairs and went past Lucas.

“Oi you, I need this delivered to the same address as last night,” said Lachlan, tossing Lucas another package.

Lucas nodded and walked off.

“What’s that for?” asked Marian sweetly.

“Don’t worry – I don’t want you caught up in all my affairs,” said Lachlan quickly.

“I think I have a right to know,” said Marian firmly.

“And why should I tell you?” asked Lachlan in an amused tone.

‘Because one way or another I’ll find out,’ thought Marian.

They rounded the corner and stepped into the kitchen.

“Benny, I think Marian and I shall have bacon and eggs this morning,” said Lachlan, dragging Marian outside with him.

“We’ll sit outside in the fresh open air?” Marian asked.

“Yes,” he replied.

“Want to give me a tour of the gardens?” asked Marian, hoping she’d find it easier to remember certain places.

“Alright,” smiled Lachlan, taking her hand and leading her down a path to one of the gardens.

“I have a few gardens that connect to each other, kind of like a maze. I mean you could get lost in here,” said Lachlan, chuckling as if he remembered something that happened.

“Do you have a pool?” asked Marian, trying her best to appear friendly.

Lachlan paused and looked at her.

“Marian, I have one of the nicest houses in Australia, which is one of the hottest countries to live in during summer – aof course I have a pool.”

“Whatever you say,” said Marian, following him up a small flight of stairs.

He pointed ahead of them, and Marian’s jaw dropped.

For a major drug and arms dealer – he still had a very nice house; inside and out.

“It’s beautiful Lachlan,” she said, letting go of his hand and walking closer to it.