Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 35

Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Chapter 35

“Well Miss Reynolds,” said Archer, putting on a fake British accent. “We are back at last with no dramas whatsoever.”

“We should have been wearing helmets,” said Marian through tight lips.

She was suddenly really nervous about being back at the house, especially with the thought of the guests.

“Are you alright?” asked Archer, dropping the accent and squeezing her shoulders gently.

Marian nodded quickly.

“I’ll be fine Archer, you really should get going though.”

“You’re right,” said Archer, pulling her into his chest.

“Be so very careful in there Marian,” he whispered. “Remember to text either me or Lucas if you find out anything more or if you get into trouble.”

“I will Archer, please be careful too. I don’t want to lose you.”

“I will Marian,” he said, tilting her chin up and giving her a soft peck on the lips. “I love you.”

She smiled, giving him a kiss in return.

“I love you too,” she mouthed as she got to the fence and gracefully started to climb it.

Archer got back on the bike and watched her as got over the other side.

He waved good bye and was about to ride off when he saw her standing on the other side, taking something off her neck and holding it out to him.

He got off the bike and walked over to her, slipping a hand through the bar and letting the object fall into his hand. Once he saw it was the necklace he shook his head and tried to give it back to her.

“No Archer,” said Marian, pushing his hand away. “I can’t be caught with it or Lachlan will start asking too many questions. Keep it to remember me by.”

He wrapped his hand around the necklace.

“I will be returning it to you at some point,” he said, looking her in the eyes.

“I know you will,” breathed Marian, reaching out and pulling him closer, giving him another kiss before letting go and turning around to leave.

“In the meantime, I’ll miss you terribly,” said Archer quietly as he watched her sneak away through the uniform trees that lined the sides of Lachlan’s long driveway.

                                                                    ***

“Terrence, I would like you to meet my other guests, Mr Rodger Alexis, Mr Peter Trogh and Mr Sean Yotiu.”

The man called Terrence gave them a small nod as he stepped into the limousine.

“Aren’t you a police officer?” asked Rodger, eyeing him suspiciously.

“And aren’t you just a business man trying to make a decent, legal living?” asked Terrence chuckling as he sat down in the spacious car.

“He works undercover,” said Lachlan, smoothing things over quickly.

He didn’t want his guests fighting with each other or growing suspicious of one another. He needed everyone’s cooperation in this.

“Glass of wine?” offered Guy, holding out a glass for Terrence.

“Ah yes,” he replied, letting Guy fill it up.

The group of men sat around lazily in the limousine, continuing to talk about how and when shipments could be made.