Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 30

Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Chapter 30

“Go go go,” hissed Archer, running down the slope and down the gravel path.

He held the security card tightly in his hand, ready to wedge it into the place Lucas had asked him to leave it in.

He could see the boys were already climbing the gate.

As Archer got to it, he turned around and took one last look at the house. He had to get Marian out, even if it was the last thing he did.

                                                                    ***

“Lachy,” called Marian softly, stroking his head and pretending to care.

His eyes fluttered open slowly and he groaned.

“What happened here?” he asked, trying to sit up.

Darn he’s awake, thought Marian.

Marian looked into his eyes, trying to get fake tears to form.

“Some men broke into the house, I don’t know if they took anything. Just as they were leaving, you heard something and went out of the room. One of the men punched you out cold and threatened to kill me if I tried anything. Then after that they left.”

Lachlan nodded.

“It was a punch to the jaw and that’s it,” said Marian, continuing to stroke his hair.

“I’ll call Guy immediately,” said Lachlan. “Right after we’ve had a little fun.”

“No Lachy, I don’t think that’s good for you. You’ve hurt your head after all,” said Marian, not wanting him to do anything to her.

“Marian I’m not in the mood for an argument, you’re mine so you’ll do as you’re told,” said Lachlan, getting up from his place on the ground.

Marian thought frantically, she needed something to take his mind off getting inside her.

“I think he stole papers of some sort,” said Marian quickly.

Lachlan froze.

“What papers?”

“I-I’m not sure, I just saw some tucked into his jacket pockets. Why, are they of some importance to you?” she asked innocently.

“More than you’d know. I’ve got to make a call to Guy. Keep yourself covered up for when the men arrive back, only I get to see you like that.”

“Yes Lachlan,” said Marian quietly, standing up and walking towards the room.

Lachlan waited until she was back in the room before moving at a fast pace towards the study

“They can’t have broken in, only two other men besides Guy and myself know the combination,” he muttered, opening the door of the study and taking out his phone.

He marched over to the painting and threw it down to the ground, punching the combination in with so much force he nearly broke one of the buttons.

As soon as it clicked he yanked it open and looked inside.

“No,” he growled menancingly, hitting the vault with his hand.

He punched in Guy’s number and held the phone to his ear as he waited for an answer.

“Hello?” said the voice from the other end.

“Guy get back here now. We’ve had a break in from those idiots we dealt with a few weeks back.”