Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 32

Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Chapter 32

“Marian!” hissed Lucas loudly.

She jumped from the shock of it.

“You scared me,” she whispered, dragging him away with her from the office door. “We can’t be seen together, especially since Lachlan is in the study.”

“You’re spying on him?” asked Lucas.

Marian rolled her eyes.

“Well I was hardly going to drop by for a chat was I now?”

Lucas rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably.

“How was...last night?” he asked, following after her.

Marian gulped.

“It actually wasn’t too bad, but I still don’t really want to go there,” replied Marian. “Are the boys alright?"

Lucas nodded.

“They’re fine. I don’t know if they’ve worked out what’s going on. I mean they emptied the vault, but they might not be able to fit every piece of the puzzle together just yet.”

“I may be of some assistance then,” said Marian, lowering her voice. “Keep walking with me, his men are meant to be cleaning downstairs so I’ll stay up here with you.”

“What do you know?” asked Lucas, looking around to make sure they truly were alone.

“Lachlan’s got a massive weapons shipment.”

Lucas raised his eyebrows.

“Are you sure of this?”

“Yes!” insisted Marian. “He pretty much told me we needed to have a deeper understanding of each other and so he told me about his plans.”

“Do you know people and locations?” asked Lucas anxiously.

Marian nodded.

“He’s sending the weapons over to the Taliban in Afghanistan.”

Lucas looked baffled.

“Why?”

“It really is a long story but to sum up what he was telling me, pretty much he’s continuing his father’s work. He passed away about decade ago, so Lachlan’s finishing what he started I guess. He wants to knock out the big players in the war – such as America and Australia.”

Lucas shook his head.

“He’s crazy if he thinks his plan will work.”

“But who’s going to stop him? You know what the authorities are like around these parts. The ones that aren’t corrupt either don’t believe one man is a threat to them, let alone a few nations, or they’re too scared to look into what he does,” replied Marian.

Lucas shrugged.

“We’ll work something out. For now just try to stay in his good books, Archer already wants to kill him just because he has you here. If he found Lachlan had hurt you, he’d probably end up killing him or at least dying in the attempt.”

“Which is why I keep reassuring everyone I’m fine. I’m still the masked hero,” said Marian, whispering the last part.

“Well right now all you need to be is Marian. You better get going, Lachlan and Guy aren’t going to stay talking forever you know,” said Lucas, embracing Marian in a quick hug. “Hang in there, if you find out anything else please tell me.”