Chapter five

The summer wasn't kind to me. Ever since the incident with James my powers haven't been working. It's so boring now! I can't sneak up on anybody and my stupid very super extremely annoying mind reader of a brother-

"I heard that!" Ed shouted from downstairs.

"Stay out of my mind!" I shouted back. What was I thinking oh yeah, is always in my mind. It. Is. Awful. I had 50 years! Of him not in my thoughts now he's always in them sometimes I want to slap him so hard his head pops off.

"That's very mean Alex!" Ed shouted again.

"I will make it a reality don't test me!!!!" I feel so bad for my family now.

~

I was reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in my little library when Ali came bounding up to my room.

"Alex! I'm going shopping for Bella's gift. Do you want to come? You can get her a gift too" She asked smiling.

"I already got her a gift but you have to promise you'll let me give it to her without complaining please?" I asked pulling out my puppy dog eyes that no one can resist.

"Ok." She sighed and headed off to her car. I continued reading my book. About five minutes later there was a knock on the wall since they aren't allowed to knock on the mirror.

"Come in." I said to my visitor. Em comes into view.

"Alex, I'm going hunting, do you want to come?"

"Sure teddy bear!" I say and vampire run next to him. He puts his arm around my shoulder and sighs.

"I still can't believe that's the nickname you came up with."

"Well suck it up, I like it and you are a teddy bear. Big on the outside soft on the inside."

"Hey don't say that." He whined, "it'll ruin my rep." I laugh. We get out onto my balcony and jump into the forest.

"Fifty bucks says I can find a bear before you!" Em says as we run deeper into the forest.

"You're on!" We scope the area and make sure there aren't humans and start the hunt. Em and I meet up in a meadow.

"On your mark. Get set. Go!" I shout and we run off. I let my instincts take over. It's late summer so I head down to the river hoping to find a bear looking for fish. Luck was on my side. I saw a big grizzly bear waiting to catch fish with its mouth. I run over to it and snap its neck. I drag it to the side of the river and drain it careful not to get any blood on my clothes. Unlike my brother, I don't play with my food.

"Em! I'm by the river!" I shout. He runs out of the forest a minute later and frowns seeing the bear beside me.

"I win." I say in a sing-song voice. He huffs and comes over to me. He hands me a fifty dollar bill.

"Thank you." I smile an innocent smile as I take the money.

"Yeah I let you win." He says as we run off to hunt.

"Em letting a person win isn't in your vocabulary." I say laughing at his attempts to make up an excuse.

~

The rest of the hunt was amazing! I caught two mountain lions and a stag. They were delicious! Although the fifty bucks was the best part.

~