Chapter forty-five

Hi, y'all! Sorry, it's been so long life got busy but enjoy the nice long update. I'm planning to update more soon.

Once the ceremony was done everyone headed to the part of the backyard where the reception was being held. I'd manage to get through the crowd of people to Billy, Sue, and Seth. Seth's back was to me when I first saw them but when Billy pointed behind Seth to me he turned around; to which I ran into his arms as he caught me and spun me around while he kissed me. We kissed for about ten seconds before I heard Billy clear his throat we broke apart and looked at him. Billy was glaring at Seth a bit so I giggled and patted Seth's arm indicating to set me down which he begrudgingly did. I walked over to Billy and give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"You're taller now. I don't like it." He told me cracking a smile in the end and I chuckled at it.

"Don't worry I'm still under five feet and I'll be back to my no-heeled self in no time."

"Good. It's weird seeing you in heels."

"I agree." I walked over to Sue next and gave her a hug as well.

"You look amazing Lexi. You should wear dresses more often they look wonderful on you."

"Of course Sue. When hell freezes over."

"Why am I not surprised? We will leave you two alone. Come on Billy let's go see Charlie."

"No thanks. I'm good where I am." Billy responded still slightly glaring at Seth.

"Nope. Now come on you can either go willingly or I'll wheel you out of here." Sue threatened. After some consideration, Billy went willingly with Sue. And I turned back to Seth wrapping my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist.

"Isn't the bride supposed to be the most beautiful at the wedding because I think you've stolen that title," Seth said smiling down at me. I got embarrassed and hid my head in his chest at the comment.

"Real smooth darling real smooth." Seth bent his head down to my ear.

"I only speak the truth doll."

"Oh shut up." I teased kissing his cheek before he stood up straight.

"Never! And I think we finally found a nickname I actually like." Seth smiled at me giving me a quick peck on the lips. I smiled up at him and was about to say something when I heard someone calling my name. We both turned and saw Bree running towards us...barefoot?

"Alex thank goodness I found you! I need your help. I broke a heel and I need your help fixing it before Alice kills me!"

"What? How'd you already break one?"

"I stepped in a hole now can you please help me?"

"I mean I guess so just-" I started before Bree grabbed my arm and dragged me away from Seth. I turned back to him and he was laughing at waving at me and I waved back as Bree continued dragging me through the crowd.

~

We had gotten her heel fixed and were talking with some guests when I saw some people waving me over. It was Carmen and Eleazar! I excused myself from the guests I was talking to and made my way to them. I hugged Carmen first.

"Oh, Alexis you look gorgeous! You always look so gorgeous in dresses." She told me her accent came through then she kissed my cheeks.

"Thank you, Carmen. You look gorgeous as well."

"Gracias." She told me backing up so Eleazar could hug me next.

"It's so good to see you, Alexis. I've seen your powers have advanced since our last meeting."