Chapter thirty-nine

3rd POV:

Once Alex was done hugging Billy she stood and turned toward Sue. I woman opened her arms with a huge smile on her face.

"It's wonderful to see you again, Lexi" Sue told her. They pulled apart still smiling at each other.

"It's wonderful to see you too, Sue. And might I say, I may the vampire but you haven't aged a day." Sue lightly laughed at the comment she received from the vampire.

"Oh please. Since you were last here I've gained wrinkles and a lot of grey hair." Alex, Sue, and Billy all started laughing once more.

They stopped when someone tapped Sue and Alex's shoulder. They turned and saw Embry.

"Hi. Sorry to break up this little reunion you guys are having, but how the fuck do you two know Alex!?"

"Language!" Hissed Quil.

"What? It's not a big deal now. Claire isn't here." Embry replied. Claire tagged along with Racheal and Paul to the store.

"Oh that's right they don't know," Alex said, looking at Billy and Sue.

"Nope. We and the twins have been keeping this secret since you left." Sue replied.

"Well, that's good. Then I guess you deserve the story." Alex said looking at the group.

"Yeah, but you might want to wait for Paul, Rachel, and Claire to get here to tell the story," Emily said.

"Wait for us to get her to tell what story?"

Everyone looked up to see Paul, Rachel, and Claire walking towards them with a few bags of groceries.

When Rachel looked at Alex thought she knew exactly who she was.

"Aunt Alex?"

"Rae?"

Rachel dropped the bag in her hand and raced towards Alex. Alex ran towards her and they meet in a long-overdue hug.

"It's really you. You're back. You're really back." Rachel whispered as tears filled her eyes.

Rachel:

They pulled back still holding each other in their arms

"It's weird looking up at you. The last time I saw you were three inches shorter than me. Now the roles are reversed."

"In my defense, I was seven the last time you were here, and it's not that hard to be taller than you." They both laughed.

"Oh don't cry, Rae," Alex told her as she wiped Rachel's tears away.

"I'm sorry, it's- I just can't- you're really here." Rachel embraced Alex again in a hug which she happily returned.

Alex POV:

"Um. What the heck is going on here?" Paul asked.

"I donna know." A little girl next to him said.

"Oh, Claire come here sweetie." Rachel said, bending down and holding out her hand.