Chapter thirty-three

3rd POV: This starts at the same time as the last chapter did.

Seth and Jake were currently patrolling. It was pure torture for Jake though; Seth wouldn't mentally shut up about missing Alex. The pack had known about Seth and Alex since the day they started meeting at the tree. They'd been informed by Leah. Since then Jake was one of the few people who could stand the Alex show. Going the entire time of patrolling. If you got lucky he would actually answer the questions you would and if you were REALLY lucky he would shut up for more than 5 minutes at a time. Jake never really minded. He liked learning about Alex and Seth would always answer his questions about his 'vamp-bestie' as the pack has coined it. But sadly Seth was only talking about how much he missed Alex. That and occasionally the dull ache in his heart; which Billy had found out was a result of him not seeing Alex in so long. But it was unclear what would happen if the absence of Alex in Seth's life continued.

Seth POV: Italics is the wolf telepathy

I miss Alex so much.

I miss her smile.

I miss her voice.

I miss looking into her golden topaz eyes.

I miss how her nose would scrunch up when she would laugh.

I miss the way her eyes would light up when she told my stories about all the crazy adventures she's been on.

I miss joking with her about our age difference.

I miss her crazy fun fashion style.

I miss how she would ramble on about one of her books.

I miss talking to her in our tree.

I miss her kisses on my cheek.

I miss her-

SETH! Please shut up. This has been going on for an HOUR! I get it you miss her. I miss her too and I didn't see her as often as you did. But please, please, PLEASE shut up.

Sorry, Jake. I just miss her.

I know. You've said that phrase 677 times. And the phrase I miss followed by something about her 1,039 times. I'm going to hurt you if you don't shut up.

Sorry, Jake.

Don't say. Do.

Ok...um...what do you want to talk about?

Um...well great now all I can think about is Alex.

Hahahaha!

Seth. Shut up.

Right. Doing that now.

Then suddenly it happened.

It felt like my heart had exploded. The pain was indescribable.

Pain. Longing. Sadness. Anger.

Those were just a few emotions I felt. It hurt so much I screamed. Well yelped.

I could hear Jake yelp and whimper before it went silent. A second later I shifted back to my normal self. Jack came running over about 30 seconds later.

"Seth! What's the matter?!" I tried to tell him but I couldn't. I could only scream. I couldn't think right. I couldn't speak. It was torture. It felt like someone ripped open my chest and kept constantly stabbing my heart with a knife.

Jake took off his shirt and throw it over me so I wasn't lying completely naked on the forest floor.

Jake then took out his phone and dialed a number.