Chapter twenty-two

Previously:

"Things got better after I found Emmett and Alex. But we'll always be this.. frozen. Never moving forward. That's what I miss the most. The possibilities. Sitting on a front pouch. A man sitting grey-haired by my side surrounded by our grandchildren.Their laughter." Rosalie told Bella. I always felt bad for my sister. She always wanted children. Heck, all us girls do. Well, not Esme. She says she already has her kids.

"I understand that's what you want. There's nothing I'm ever gonna want more than Edward."

"That's where you're wrong again. After you've been changed there's one thing you want. One thing you'll kill for. Blood."

Rose started to walk away. But Bella stopped her.

"You said you found Alex. Did you mean you bought her to change her?" Bella asked. Rose nodded.

"Why?"

"You'll have to ask her."

~

Bella walked towards me. I knew why and I was ready to tell her why. Bella sat next to me on the couch.

"I know you heard. Why did she bring you to get changed?"

"Well, it's a bit of a long story. You remember the friend's house she was coming home to the night she changed?" Bella nodded.

"That was my mother's house." Bella was slightly shocked.

"My mother and Rose were best friends. They'd known each other since they were five. Rose had died when my brother was two, and my mother was heartbroken.

So up until she died she would tell my brother stories about Aunt Rosalie. Which he later told me. After my brother died Joseph, my father, and I moved to Canada.

Coincidentally, to the same place the Cullens moved to.

Ed knew right off the bat I was being abused at home from reading my mind. My family noticed soon after as could the cuts and bruises I had. Sometimes they could hear it as they were heading home or out hunting. Rose knew I was my mother's daughter after a week of me living there.

I looked exactly like her, except for the hair. My mother had bright red, pin-straight hair.

Rose was devastated over what was happening to me. She was confused as to why my father was the way he was. He was a sweet man when she knew him. A month after finding out about me they found out that fighting in the war and death of my mother and brother had made him a cruel, heartless, drunken, abusive man.

Ed would often listen to my thoughts. He knew I wanted to get away, but I couldn't. Every time I tried I would get caught. They couldn't get me out because they knew he would look for me until he found me. He didn't want to lose his punching bag. I wanted to leave so bad. I had dreams I wanted to do but with him, I couldn't. Even after I would be able to leave him.

When I ran away Rose and Ed found me. They were about to start hunting when they smelt the blood and Ed heard my thoughts.

I didn't want to die.

Not there.

Ed told Rose this. After she looked into my eyes. She didn't want me to go too, she wanted to save me. She knew if my mother was there she'd be begging for Rose to do it. She knew I wanted a way out. So she took me back to Carlisle. He changed me." Bella hugged me after the story. But I wasn't quite done.

"I was ecstatic to live with my Aunt Rosalie. I always wanted to meet her. When I first lived with them I would call her Aunt Rosalie. It's faded away but I'll still call her it if I need something important or a huge favor."

"I'm very glad to have this family."