Chapter thirty-one

3rd POV:

My dearest, Alex,

I got your letter. I'm not going to lie and say I understand why your siblings are doing this. But I will wait for you. For as long as it takes.

So until then, I'll continue this like we are just up in our tree. How is work? If you are able to go. I figured you can still go. I mean your siblings can't be that mean. What are your siblings even doing to prevent this? I'm going to stop talking about the sad stuff now. I want to know more about you. What are some more of your favorites? Any more stories about when you lived in Volterra? Has Bree ruined any more books with her newborn strength? Speaking of Bree. How is she adapting to the new diet? Is the "torture training program" going well? I really hate that name. It doesn't sound like something someone would want to be on.

Have you pulled any more pranks on your brothers? I attempted the shaving cream and feather duster prank you suggested on Paul. It was very funny but a verrry bad idea. He was changed into a wolf for hours and kept trying to hunt me down. So I'll definitely avoid pranking him. Do you have any more pranks to do?

I sadly must go. I have to go do patrol.

Forever yours,

Seth

My dearest, Seth,

For starters, I'm sorry it took so long to reply. It hadn't been time for anyone to go hunting yet so it would've looked suspicious if someone went out. Thankfully Jasper went and found the note. Hopefully, he has put mine in the right place.

Also, thank you for waiting. I honestly don't deserve you.

I do get to work, my siblings aren't that mean. It is doing well. The girl with the flu I told you about a few days ago, she's all better and heading home tomorrow. We did have a group of boys come in with broken bones from playing football, but they should be back to playing in no time. It was infuriating having them there because they kept trying to ask me out. Don't worry. I turned them all done.

For favorites hmm. I've told you a lot already. Some I can't say because I have very nosy siblings who will read this letter. My favorite place I have lived in since I was turned is here. I really like the job and I got to meet you here. My favorite tree is our tree. Favorite animal is a dog, specifically a Goldendoodle. They are sooooo cute! Sadly, we can't get one. My siblings don't want one.

My time in Volterra was interesting as I've said. They are a weird coven. They are also huge. The castle looks small but there is a lot of vampires in it. I did enjoy some of my time there. The sunset from the tallest tower was breathtaking and I wish to go back to solely see it again. The library is huge! So many books, there are original books from hundreds of years ago. And the city itself was just gorgeous to be in. There was one time where I spent two days straight just exploring every inch of the city. By the second night, they sent out a search party to see if I'd either fled, got killed, or was doing exactly what I was doing.

Bree is doing very well in her new diet. She's adapting to it well but it will still be a while before she can go into town. That was actually her choice. She doesn't want to accidentally hurt someone. The name of the program will stay though. It's a warning of what will be expected. She is doing very well in it. She's progressing faster than I did. Then again she has tips and tricks I learned.

For pranks, do not do paul again. Some ideas are,

1: Cover someone's car in colorful stick notes. Or wet cotton balls. Or plastic wrap. Or all three.

2: Give mayonnaise-filled donuts.

3: Tap an airhorn behind a door so every time someone opens it all the way it goes off.

4: Serve water with the glasses turned upside down.

5: Plant fake pregnancy tests in the trash.

All of those have worked and they are so much fun to use.

Forever yours,

Alex

P.S. This is Jasper. You hurt my sister I'll use my military experience to hurt you.

P.P.S It's Emmett. You hurt her I will have a new punching bag.

P.P.P.S Alice here. I won't need my ability to know that you'll end up in a hospital if you hurt my sister.

P.P.P.P.S This is Bree. You hurt my older sister and I'll use my newborn strength on you.

~

The letters went on like this for a week and a half. Then something happened that caused a great problem for Alex. Something that she didn't know how to fix.