Chapter Twenty-Three: Let Love Conquer All

~ Theo's POV ~

When I woke up the next morning she was still sitting up against the headboard. Silly girl probably didn't want to wake me.

I sat up slowly and gently laid her down, covering her up, and kissing her forehead. Then I got dressed and went to make her breakfast.

As soon as I started cooking, I heard her groggy little voice from the other room.

"Hey, where'd you go?"

"I'm in here, baby." I called to her.

I looked back towards the door and she came out of the room, making her way over to me.

"I just wanted you to be able to get the sleep you needed." I admitted.

"I'd rather be with you then alone in that bed." She said with a smile.

She wrapped her arms around my waist and I kissed the top of her head.

"I have an idea." She stated.

"What's your idea?"

"Well, why don't we make a big breakfast, pack it up in containers, and take it to the guys."

"That is very sweet of you, I'll start, you go get dressed."

She let me go to head back to the room but I smacked her on the butt and she turned and glared at me.

"Hey now, don't start that." She ordered.

She stuck her tongue out at me then ran to the other room.

"You're lucky I'm cooking!" I called to her.

I could hear her giggling from the other room.

A bit later she came out of the room and looked so incredibly sad.

"Baby what's wrong?"

She was holding my jacket.

"They ruined your jacket."

She handed it to me and she was right. It was covered in her blood and had bullet holes in it.

"We'll get a new one, it's okay."

"Stupid guns." She said sadly.

My jacket had become a thing of comfort for her, it's why I always made sure she had it. That way she had me with her even when we got separated.

"You can wear one of my shirts or I can just hold on to you all day. Either way I'm happy." I offered.

"Both."

"Both is good."

She went back into the bedroom and came back out with one of my long sleeve shirts on. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Come here, silly girl."

I rolled up the sleeves for her.

"Better?"

She nodded and wrapped her arms around my waist again.

"Foods ready, we can pack it up, and head back to them."

We got everything packed up and in the truck. Then we headed back to that horrible town with the people I once hated.

They protected Becca so I couldn't hate them anymore.

I try not to think about the past anymore. Not being a part of their pack didn't hurt me anymore. I wouldn't have found her if I had stayed with them.

When we made it into town, they were all outside talking. I didn't hide my truck this time. I just drove straight into town.

We got out and grabbed all the food.