Chapter Thirty-Three: Here's to Chaos

~ Becca's POV ~

The next morning, I laid there awake, dreading what this day was to bring. I don't want to lose anyone. That fight or flight instinct always battling within me. I know if I asked him to, Theo would run away with me. But I couldn't do that to everyone. Theo wouldn't want to leave Liam behind either. So, we'll stand side by side with the pack who turned him away and fight to protect our worlds.

I looked towards the front seats as I heard Theo groan. He was having a nightmare. I sat up and placed my hand on his arm.

"Theo? Baby, wake up please."

His eyes slowly fluttered open and he looked at me.

"Come back here with me love."

I reached my hand out to him and he climbed into the back seat. I moved over into a sitting position and let him lay down with his head on my lap.

"Rest more baby, I've got you." I reassured him as I played with his hair.

He nodded his head as he let out a yawn. His eyes closed and he fell back to sleep. He didn't know that I knew, but he's been having nightmares again. I've heard Liam wake him up a few times from them, he always checks to see if they woke me.

I heard him beg Liam not to tell me, that he'd tell me after the big fight. He was having nightmares about his sister again and he didn't want to worry me. I wish his mind would just give him a break. Still so use the worst happening, what will he do when the chaos is gone?

Liam would tell him that the best way to calm these nightmares was for him to talk to me about them. That I may worry but I'd be able to comfort him and that was what he needed.

He was trying his best to protect me when in reality he needed me right now. So, I'm doing my best to take care of him. Really need this war over with. I have a feeling our lives will forever be intertwined with Liam's and Derek's now.

And you know what? I'm okay with this. I went so long being so alone, then it was just Theo and I. But I've gotten use to these guys always being around. It'll will be strange when it's so quiet again. Nice, but strange. Stiles alone is incredibly loud.

A quiet laugh escaped me and Liam turned to look at me.

"What's so funny?" He whispered.

"Honestly? I was thinking about how it will be so quiet when everyone is gone. How Stiles is louder than everyone." I replied.

"I'm going to miss you guys after this." Liam said sadly.

I looked down at Theo and brushed the hair away from his face with my hand.

"Liam, our home will always be your home."

"Really?"

"You're family to us, we love you Liam."

He gave me such a big smile.

"I love you guys too!"

He sounded so excited.

"I'm going to go get some food, I'll be back."

"Hey Liam?"

"Yeah?"

I looked down at Theo again to make sure he was still asleep.

"Can I borrow your hoodie?"

He looked confused for a moment.

"Of course! Keep warm!"

He took off his hoodie and tossed it to me. I laid it next to me and watched as Liam ran off to the house for food.

It had been at least an hour before Theo started to wake up. He turned over and looked up at me with sleepy eyes. He smiled the beautiful smile, of course he started smiling bigger when he heard my heart react to him.

"Good morning, sleepy head."

"Good morning, beautiful."

He sat himself up and placed his hand upon my cheek.

He leaned in and kissed my lips gently.

"What was the for?" I said blushing.

"For taking care of me."

"I'll always take care of you, I love you."

"I love you too."

He looked down and his smile faded.

"What's wrong?"

"You know, don't you?"

I let out a soft sigh and tilted his head back up so I could kiss his forehead.

"I know about the nightmares, yes."

"How come you didn't say anything?"

"You didn't want me to know yet."

"I..."

I cut him off by kissing him hard. His eyes closed and his hand slid behind my back. He pulled me against him and he laid me back on the seat as he laid his body against mine.

I could feel he was hesitant; he was afraid to ask if I wanted him right now. I bit his bottom lip softly and I could feel his body relax as he pressed his body harder against mine.

In the backseat of his truck that had become our second home, we entered our own world. The only chaos in our world was us, we were the calm and chaos in this moment.

I don't know how long we were lost but he was always like coming up for air. I could finally breathe again. He breathed life into me every day.

My nails found his back as our bodies reacted as one.

His body now calming down he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"I will love you always." He whispered.

Before I could respond we heard Liam heading out of the house so we got dressed. Still breathing heavy, Theo got out of the truck first.

I looked around frantically at first until I found Liam's hoodie and put it on.

I got out of the truck and he looked at me confused.

"We never got a new jacket, Liam let me borrow his hoodie."

Not a lie.

He nodded and put his arm around me.

"All I can smell is Liam now." He laughed.

This was a good thing...

"Theo?"

"Yes, baby girl?"

"Forever."

I didn't have to say anything else; he knew.

I'll love him forever.

Liam walked up to us smiling, he went to speak, but was cut off by a howl.

We all froze in place; this wasn't any of our own.

The rest of them ran outside in a matter of seconds.

Another howl, this time closer.

This wasn't a warning; this was a threat.

They were coming and they had one of our kind.

Theo and Liam looked at each other than both looked at me scared.

Theo's arms tightened around me, his fight or flight kicking in.

"We fight." I whispered.

"We'll fight." He promised.