-12-

I helped Kei up and told him to stay the night, I didn't want him driving at night like this. So I brought him up to my room and laid down. He stood there for a second, not knowing what to do. "Well get in, c'mon" I said waving my hands. "With you? But it's your bed, I could just sleep on the floor..." I rolled my eyes. This guy. I thought. "Just get in the bed, Kei." He sighed and finally crawled into the bed, burying himself in the sheets. I faced the wall while he faced the other way. I could feel him moving around, it seemed like he was uncomfortable. "Hey, are you ok? Do you need more room, I can move over." He stayed silent for a second as if thinking of what to say. "That's not it..." I was confused but didn't say anything, waiting for him to finish. He mumbled something that I couldn't hear at all. "I didn't get that" I said quietly. He took a deep breath in and spoke again. "Do you think maybe we could... Ugh" He paused again. I could tell he was having a hard time saying it. "It's stupid. Never mind." He said finally as he began turning around to face his back to me. "Hey... I'm sure it isn't. What's up?" He took a deep breathe and turn to me hesitently. "could we uhm... Cuddle?"he said shakily. I smirked slightly at his request. Not because it was funny but because I was happy he asked. "Of course." I said softly. His eyes softened, the muscles in his face relaxing. I opened my arms, telling him to come closer. He slowly shuffled closer until his forehead was against my chest. He grabbed my shirt, squeezing it tightly in his fist. I wrapped my arms around him. He oddly enough, relaxed at my touch. I hear light sniffles before he spoke.

"Thank you Shoyo." He said in a whisper. My eyes widen. Did he just say thank you? Kei never usually thanks people. It's hard for him to do since he isnt very good with showing emotion.  "Thank you for being here for me. It means alot to me even if it's just for right now. Even it doesn't last. Even if one day you get sick of me, I'll remember this forever. I will." I related to what he was saying. He had been here for me too, ever since he found out what happened he was there, always. If I needed to cry or talk, he was there. "Kei... I'll always be here I promise" He stiffened and looked up at me. "Please don't make promises you can't keep." But this is one I can make. I thought. "But I can. I promise you that I will never leave." I said to him once more. "You promise?" He asked, his voice shaking. He was trying so hard not to cry. "I promise." I said sternly. As long as you stay with me, I'll be here until you don't need me anymore. Until you leave just as all the other did. I thought. I thought. He hugged me tightly.

It was at this moment that I realized... How broken we both were.