prologue

●○

●○

3rd person

Gasping, the girl lifted herself off the cold metal floor. She coughed and spluttered on her hands and knees.
She felt lonely and cold, as she felt herself moving upwards.

She lifted her head slightly, her eyes watery. She looked around and cringed, observing she stuck was in a metal box.

It had other wooden crates inside, making the space seem smaller. She felt the air pushing her hair everywhere.

It was dark as she rose upwards. She cautiously stood up and began to feel the walls. She searched for a door or a hole in the cold metal wall, but felt no openings.

She looked up, and saw darkness- only seeing the same thing once she looked down. She stumbled slightly, as the cage seemingly bumped into a lump in the wall.

She could hear chains rattling, and assumed it was how tge small room was moving. The brunette wondered how she had got there.

Her breath then hitched as she realised something. She couldn't remember. She couldn't remember anything.

Not how she got there. What she looked like. Her name. Or even her family or friends.

It was like everything had been wiped. She could remember things, like going to the beach and kicking a ball around. But it's like all the faces had been blurred. Like all the names had been smudged.

Her eyes teared up again, and became more scared than before- with a hint of curiosity.

The girl stumbled, landing harshly on her butt. She grunted in shock. She scooted backwards against a crate, her legs stretched out.

Her palms were on the cool metal floor as she tried and tried to remember anything from her past. She closed her eyes in concentration and balled up her hands.

Her memories felt close, they felt like she was stretching to reach them. But couldn't quite make it. Like her name and life were itching to reveal themselves, but wanted to keep her waiting.

She reopened her brown eyes, and looked up. She could see she was getting closer. To what- she didn't know exactly but she knew she wouldn't be prepared.

The teenage girl had many thoughts and queries running through her brain, like:

Am I gonna die? Why am I here? Is this a dream? Will I be saved? Or will I keep going up forever?