3.3 What the hell?

They drove down to the abandoned city outside the Last City, weaving through different roads.

They began to walk down a street, Isadora watching sadly as bodies were being put into a truck.

"This place is already going to hell." Jorge stated as they walked through many people who crowded the road.

"We just gotta stay together." Thomas told them, tapping his fingers on Isadora's hand to make sure he was still holding it.

Isadora looked back when she heard someone speaking into a megaphone. She saw a couple of cars driving down the road, and assumed they were the ones talking.

"They had behind their walls, thinking they can keep the cure for themselves while they watch the rest of us whither!" The man shouted.

Isadora watched as the cars past, most of the men held guns and wore masks to protect them from the air. But one man stuck out.

Isadora couldn't see much of him buy she felt some strange sorta sense of déja vu, but didn't know why. She watched him carefully as he passed, he was also staring at her and Thomas.

Isadora felt the back of her neck pulse slightly as thr cars drove away, looking up she saw drones.

She noticed Thomas looking too, and nudged him. They continued their journey, walking through a gap in a building.

They walked through and there were a bunch of people chanting, telling WCKD to let them inside the walls.

"That's it. That's our way in." Thomas stated. Thomas began to walk, pulling Isadora along with him as they moved through the crowd.

"Thomas! This is not what your looking for!" Jorge shouted over the crowd to the boy as Isadora tried to pull him back. "All these people trying to fight their way in, you think you're gonna find something they can't?"

"Tom! Listen to him." Isadora insisted.

"I came this far, I'm not turning back now!" Thomas stated as they got nearer the front of the crowd where they stood over a hundred feet away from the wall.

As they continued to walk the others behind, trying to catch up, Newt noticed the guys from the van– seemingly following them.

"Thomas. This doesn't feel right." Isadora gulped as they stood at the front, people throwing things that were nowhere near close to hitting the wall.

Brenda and Frypan pushed through, and were able to finally catch up. When Newt reached them, he looked panicked and placed a hand on Thomas' shoulder.

"Hey, guys. We gotta go. Now." Newt told them, Isadora looked back and saw the same men from the cars.

Jorge pulled out his gun as the men got closer, but they all turned back to the wall when a noise sounded. Isadora watched as something lifted up on the wall, people screaming and beginning to run.

They waited a moment, flinching and beginning to run as a fire was shot, when hitting the ground it exploded.

More were fired as they ran, sending people flying into the air. Isadora ran while making sure the others were close, scared they would be hurt.

Isadora ducked, coughing as dust went over their heads. Isadora felt panic rush through her as they ran, watching people fly into the air from the explosions.

They ran into an alleyway, Thomas pushing Isadora forward to make sure she was safe.

Isadora ran around the corner, yelping as one of the men with masks grabbed her and the others.