1.8 Way out?

Later that night, Chuck went to visit Thomas in the pit. He had brought him some dinner and a drink.

"Who's there?" Thomas asked as he heard footsteps and saw a light.

"It's just me." Chuck smiled in the dark.

"Sorry, Chuck." Thomas apologised.

"Here." He said passing down some foos and water. "You'll run better on a full stomach."

Chuck then sat down by the door as Thomas unwrapped the cloth and began to eat hungrily.

"Thanks, Chuck." Thomas smiled as he ate. He then saw Chuck playing with something in his hand. "What you got there?"

Chuck put it to the bars, showing a little figure. "Hey, that came out pretty good, bud." Thomas complimented. "What's that for?"

"It's for my parents." The young boy explained.

"You remember your parents?" Thomas asked as the crickets sang.

"No." Chuck replied sadly. "I mean, I know I must have them. And I'm sure where ever they are they miss me, but, I can't miss them cause I don't remember them."

This made Thomas upset. Chuck was too young to be here. He shouldn't have to worry. He should be having fun and being a kid.

"What do you think your gonna find out there tommorrow?" Chuck asked.

"I don't know." Thomas whispered. "But if there's a way out we're gonna find it. Me, Isadora and Minho, we'll find it."

"Here." Chuck said handing his figure to Thomas.

"Chuck, why would you give this to me?" Thomas asked as he glanced at the figure.

"Can't remember them anyway." Chuck admitted sadly. "But if you find a way out, you can give it to them fir me. I'm going to get some sleep."

Chuck got up, grabbing his Mason jar with a candle in it before starting to walk away.

"Hey, Chuck." Thomas called out making the boy come back over. "Come here. Put out your hand."

Chuck put out his hand and Thomas put the figure back in the boys hand. "I want you to give that to them yourself." Thomas stated. "We're gonna get out of here. All of us. I promise."

"Okay." Chuck whispered with a smile before he left. "Night."

"Night buddy." Thomas said back.

After a good ten minutes Isadora appeared with a smile on her face. Thomas watched curiously as she checked over her shoulder before sitting down.

"Hey, Thomas." She greeted. "Chuck come over?"

"Yeah." He told her. "What are you doing here?"

"Thought I'd check up on you." She blushed as she played with her bracelets.