2.3 The Escape

Thomas was ahead of Aris, crawling through the vents as quickly as possible. Trying to beat janson.

He quickly pushed open the vent, crawling out from the vent making the gladers stand up.

"Thomas." Minho stated as he got up.

"We gotta go." Thomas muttered looking at all the boys. "We gotta go."

"What the hell are you talking about?"
Minho asked.

"They're coming, come on we gotta go." Thomas said quickly moving away from the door, ignoring their questions. "They're coming for us."

Thomas ripped the bedsheet off, and went to the door. He quickly wrapped it around the door handle so they couldn't get in and tied it.

"What happened?" A glader asked.

"Aris what happened?" Frypan questioned the boy, but he couldn't reply.

"Thomas can you just calm down and talk to us?" Newt questioned his distressed friend.

"She's still alive." Thomas said as he made sure to tie the knot securely.

"Who's she? Isa? Teresa?" Fry asked.

"Ava." Thomas answered.

"Ava?" Newt asked confused. "Would you just stop and talk to us."

"It's WCKD!" Thomas snapped turning around, before repeating it calmly. "It's still WCKD, it's always been WCKD."

Thomas grabbed a mattress and leaned it up against the door with heavy breaths.

"Thomas, what did you see?" Newt questioned.

Bur they didn't have time. "I'll explain everything but we gotta go." Thomas promised.

They nodded and all quickly rushed into the vents. Thomas and Aris lead them through, and arrived at a hallway.

Thomas got out first and made sure it was safe for the others to come out. "Come on, come on, come on." Thomas whispered as they filed out the vent. "Okay, let's go. Let's go."

"You guys go ahead, there's something I gotta do." Aris stated and Thomas stopped and turned back to him.

"What are you talking about?" Thomas questioned.

"Trust me it's important. You guys wanna get out of here right? Just go." Aris told them.

"I'll go with him." Winston stated following him back into the vents.

"Alright, Winston you go. Come on, guys. Let's go." Thomas encouraged, he lead them down the hall.

"Sure we can trust this kid?" Minho questioned.