1.1 Welcome Greenie

3rd person

1 year later

Isadora woke up and stared at the sky from her hammock. She smiled slightly, being able to have a rest.

You see, once she had arrived she had been told all the rules of the glade. She had gotten a job as a part-time runner and med-jack.

But today was her day off from running.

Since she was a girl she was allowed to sleep in the main house with the keepers. But, she decided to sleep in a hammock like the others. Although, she slept a little ways into the woods.

But, since that day she hadn't slept much in her hammock. So, usually star gazed on the watch tower.

But today was a new day. A new greenie was coming. Isadora heard footsteps approach and Immediately knew who it was.

Chuck. He was the greenie now, he had arrived only a month ago but the girl loved the boy like a little brother.

"Hey, isa." He greeted cheerfully.

"Ugh." The girl groaned playfully. She was already up, but she thought she would mess with the younger boy- he was only about 13. The youngest in the glade. And he had to go through being stuck in the middle of a maze.

"Come on, isa. I know your awake." The boy said in a sing-song voice- making the girl groan again.

"Okay, well Frypan made his bacon-" Isadora jumped up at this. She loved Fry's bacon.

"I'm up. I'm up." She chuckled as she hopped on one foot as she tried to put on her boot.

"I knew that would wake you... shuckface." Chuck joked, hesitating when he called her 'shuckface' as he was still not used to the language of the gladers.

The girl just chuckled and threw an arm around his shoulders. He wasn't much shorter than her. Isadora was quite short for her age but to be fair, she was surrounded by tall boys.

"So, excited for the new greenie Chuck?" The brunette questioned as they walked over to Frypan.

"Yeah, I can't wait." Chuck said with enthusiasm.

"Yeah, but you'll always be my little greenie chuckie." Isadora teased, making the boy push her arm off of him.

"Shut up." He groaned as they reached Frypan. They got a plate each and walked over to the chef with big smiles.