3.4 A way in

The group were taken to a different room, Gally moving a sewer grate out the way, revealing a hole they had to go down.

Isadora gulped as she looked down it as it looked far down, Gally putting a ladder inside so that they could easily climb down.

"Be careful, Thomas." Jorge told him. "You too, Hermana."

"I'll see you soon." She promised, before going to Fry. "Don't worry about me, we're gonna find a way to get him back."

"I know." Frypan smiled, pulling her into a hug before he turned to Thomas. "Look after her."

"I won't let anything happen to her." Thomas promised, looking at Isadora lovingly.

"Yup, and I'll take care of him." Isadora teased, before Brenda pulled her into a hug.

"Don't do anything stupid, Dora or ill kick your ass." Brenda threatened half joking, half serious as she pulled away.

"Don't worry, Bren. We're gonna be careful." Isadora assured her as Gally got ready to go down the ladder.

"Hey, Gally? Take care of these three." Frypan stated.

"Yeah." Gally nodded, Newt going to sit on a brick to sort out his shoe, his hands shaking.

"Newt, come on." Isadora stated as Thomas began to go down.

"Yeah... I'm coming." He swallowed before they headed into the sewer.

They carefully went down the ladder, Thomas grabbed Isadora's waist to help her down the rest of the way as they began to walk.

"Ugh." Newt made a sound of disgust at the smell as they walked.

"You don't think that smells nice?" Isadora asked in mock suprise making him chuckle.

"No, it's gross." Newt grimaced.

"Yeah, no, its great." Thomas said sarcastically.

Gally turned on a switch, and along the sewer little fairy lights twinkled on– lighting their path.

"Stay with me." Gally instructed. "We've got a way to go."

They began their walk, not talking at all during most of the way until Newt spoke up.

"Hey, Gally? How'd you end up with a Crank as a bloody roommate then?" Newt wondered.

"Actually, I owe that Crank my life." Gally explained. "When Lawrence and his crew found me, they could have sold me back to WCKD. Traded my life for a few vials of serum, instead he offered me a place. But I have something worth living for."

"What's that?" Thomas questioned as they stopped, coking across two different ways to go down.

"Wait here, I'll be right back." Gally stated, walking down the smaller tunnel.

"Where's he going?" Isadora muttered.

"Do you really think we should trust him?" Thomas asked. "After everything he's done?"

"What other options do we have?" Newt counteracted. "Look, I know this may be hard for you to believe, Thomas, but there was a time when Gally was a true friend of mine."

"Mine too, even if he annoyed me sometimes." Isadora whispered with a small smile.

"Hey," Gally stated, reappearing, "its clear. Let's go."